Acceleration Hesitation

Baron Von Buick

Big White Guy
hey guys, I have an 84 N/A, I gave the car a full tune up and lowered the idle to 900 RPM and ever since, everytime i take off from a stop the car hesitates before full power kicks in and i also noticed that it bogs down sometime when im on a highway or constant straight drive, it feels like it pulls back or something. Also if im stopped for more then a minute in drive the check engine light comes on but after i drive for about 5 mins it goes away. Any Ideas? Thanks all

I have the same kind of problem with my 78 Century. Altough it's not the same carbs (non electronic) it could be the same problem. Email me, we could talk about that and help each other for the solutions :p

francoismalouin@hotmail.com

Hi Baron Von Buick

What I could say is I had and still have that kind of problem. As time gone it became harder and harder to run at the point the car didn't want to go over 50mph (80kph) so it was time to rebuild the carb. I've done it by myself. The problem is gone partially as the car can be runned again at highway speeds and at 100mph :D It still bogs but just when I perform accelerations from stops. If I stop for 30sec or more the check engine light comes and goes away when I drive it for 5 mins.

As my car is winter garaged and is not accessible I'll check that later. I've heard it could be the accel. pump in the carb for the bogs during the accelerations. But first I believe it's time to perform a complete vacuum check-up after 26 years :p

Write up if you have any other ideas !