AC refrigerant advice

Variable Orifice Tube not fixed

I live in Houston and I converted mine to 134a. At first it wasn't "cold" just cool, then I upgraded to RC dual fans, a 4 core radiator, and a variable Orifice tube. I did this is steps to see the difference, the fans brought the entire car's temp down from 190-205 to 150-170, this is in Houston 100F 80% humidity and stop and go traffic. The AC still was just enought to keep me from swetting. I put the Variable Orifice tube in instead of the Fixed version and it was much cooler. I was $20 at O'reillly's Auto for the variable, but it made a big difference. I've got 205psi on the high side and 30psi on the low side at 1500rpm. I'm not a AC expert by any strech these are the goals I was told to shoot for and it works great.

condenser replacement

Guys,

Im seeing alot of threads and post about Freeze12 and 134a and are questioning which way should we go.

We are getting ready to completely redo the AC system in dads T this weekend as we have a brand new compressor and dryer and exploring the idea of replacing the condenser too. What do you recommend in buying and where do we get one?

Where is Jim Testa when you need him :D

Thanks
John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
10.91 @ 123.6
1987 Buick T
11.97 @ 116
Plano, Texas

He would say R134a (well, he has many times in the past :)). I'd recommend using ester oil and 134a, and seeing how well it works. If it just isn't good enough, have that pumped out and put in the freeze12.