AC problem with 1999 Lesabre

BLACK6PACK

1 sec reaction King
My dad's 99 lesabre is not blowing air through the dash vents. It will blow on the windshield and on the floor, and can switch between windshield and floor, but will not blow out the front vents. It has an electronic climate control, so I don't think it runs on vacuum. I can't hear a leak like the Turbo buicks do when the vents stop switching. Any ideas?

Its more than likely yhe blend air door actuator thats not moving the proper doors to open. Does it have dual cliamate ( passanger side temp controls)?

Ended up fixing it. There are about 5 vacuum lines coming from the head unit that come together in a plug. That plug goes into the computer controller under the dash. We pulled the plug out and cut all 5 vacuum lines that go to the head unit, opened the controller under the dash cut all 5 lines and then used 5 pieces of vacuum hose to connect the lines we cut. Basically the "plug & play" plug was messed up. Kinda like when you put an aftermarket radio into a car and get the adaptor so the radio plugs into the factory harness. We had to wire each vacuum line individually.