AC lines

TTA308

Just curious if anyone has tried a thin coat of ultra copper rtv on both sides of a copper exhaust manifold gasket ? I know people have used one or the other.... but what about both ? BTW i have a snap-on smoke machine and it leaked like a stuck pig with no gasket...

I used high temp copper, and sprayed them on Remflex RF13-002 Graphite Exhaust Gasket, and then rechecked them with a shop vac blowing into the tail pipe, block the other end of the tail pipe, and the used a spray bottle with soak and water mixed.
Most importantly, being that you have the headers off, check for any warped, there is not enough RTV to fill in the gaps.

The eng is out at the moment so it's easy enough to remove the manifolds, it did seal with Victor Reinz gaskets but not sure of the longevity of those, rather not deal with this with eng installed... also does not appear to be warped.

The eng is out at the moment so it's easy enough to remove the manifolds, it did seal with Victor Reinz gaskets but not sure of the longevity of those, rather not deal with this with eng installed... also does not appear to be warped.
put on a flat machine plate ...or like a piece of flat glass to double check for trueness ....a true surface will need nothing ...but having a true surface is particular....most prefer just high temp copper silicone for longevity and piece of mind ....if you have the smoke machine easy to test with nothing first ....gaskets can cause some fitment issues on crossover and what not sometimes

here you go TTA308 .....these are the pics you sent me.... for everyone to see....tell them what you have done ...

1651519860660.png
3f7e87ddf0048ac_220275.gif

View attachment
XjdC9QQKFCwI (1).gif

I have TA SS headers and I'm using his recommended gaskets so I can't speak to sealing up stockers but I must say, that engine is downright PURDY.........