Ac compressor

RICER X

Hey guys. I tried to use my air conditioner the other day and I can't get the compressor to come on. This could be anything I've never had the air on before. I had a lot of other gremlins I had to take care of first, so I just assumed it was low on freon or the low pressure switch. So I tried topping off the freon and put a new switch on and nothing. Any ideas?

You could have multiple problems. The first thing you could do is check all fuses and relays and if they check out override/jump the compressor with motor off to see if clutch engages.

You really should have gauges on both sides if you jump it to see what the pressures are on the L/H side if you jump it while running the engine. That will tell you if the orifice tube is clogged or if you have to little or to much freon in the system.

I could go on but will wait to see if you can get the compressor to run and what symptoms becomes evident after you do some more checking.

I probably won't be able to get back to the car until Friday afternoon. So I will let you know what's up after that. Thanks.