ac compressor help?

I want to replace my old compressor with a new one. It looks like that there is a lot to take off-up pipe, downpipe, passenger side valve cover, etc. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to get it out? TIA

i just removed mine this month. you do not need to take all that off to get the compressor off. there was one bolt that would not slide out as it backs up to the up pipe, but if you are replacing it you can just leave it there and screw it back in the new one. i do believe you have to loosen the alt. it wasnt hard to remove the comp and drier. when i took mine off i replaced the alt, up pipe, pwr steer pump, master cyl, coil conversion kit plugs/wires all in one shot. you def do not have to remove anything other than ac compressor it will come off by itself. i have some pics i took of the removal ill try to upload today

i just removed mine this month. you do not need to take all that off to get the compressor off. there was one bolt that would not slide out as it backs up to the up pipe, but if you are replacing it you can just leave it there and screw it back in the new one. i do believe you have to loosen the alt. it wasnt hard to remove the comp and drier. when i took mine off i replaced the alt, up pipe, pwr steer pump, master cyl, coil conversion kit plugs/wires all in one shot. you def do not have to remove anything other than ac compressor it will come off by itself. i have some pics i took of the removal ill try to upload today
x2.
The long bolt in the back is the hardest one!
Disconnect battery, Remove the altenator, loosen the long bolt in the back of the copressor with a 15mm ratchet wrench, and loosen the bracket.
It willbe much easier if the bracket is loose and tipped. Not a "fun job" but not too bad either.