AC clutch cycle question

PhatGN

i installed a stand alone harness on the car and i am getting around to wiring the ac. i replaced dryer, compressor, orfice tube, because it had been sitting for a while and compressor locked up. i replaced high pressure switch as well.

Here is the problem, before i take it to the shop to vacuum i wanted to make sure all the wiring was correct, so i turn on the ac on max and without any pressure it engages the clutch i unplug the clutch cycling switch and of course it disengages.

So why is it allowing the compressor to engage with no pressure at all like 5 psi on my cheap guage

i don't want to charge this and it not be cycling the compressor like its suppose to, or not allowing it to disengage at all

You may have a shorted out low pressure switch on the accumulator- this kicks on the compressor clutch and sometimes jumped out to help in charged a evacuated system, so the switch now must be reading closed like it would if jumped out causingthe compressor clutch to engage. just take off the wire connector and uns rew switch then replace with a known good one-i have several extra used ones or pick up a new one.

You might be able to turn the adjustment screw on the low pressure switch to where it is off (contacts open) at your 5 psi.