? about upgrades on gtp under warranty??

6-b-kwik

getting back in it
i pick up my new daily driver on monday a 2002 gtp..trading in 01 ss long story anyways i wanna do some modding to it like hot wire kit tranny cooler air intake coils wires volt booster etc... would any of that stuff void my warranty?? thxs greg

if the modification results in damaged/failed parts then that damage would not be covered....like if you put a smaller pulley on and you blew up a transmission
but if your A/C went bad, then they'd have to fix that

hot wire kit tranny cooler air intake coils wires volt booster
all you need is the intake, the rest you don't need
depending on how fast you want to be....you could run 14's with the just intake

like mid to low 13's would be great heres a anthor ? on this gtp the heads up display dims in and out stays on for a minute then dims is the dimming wrong or whats the deal...i already asked the dealer about this they said they would look into it?? greg

also would a A pilliar guage void warrany a boost guage
also if i were to pully and blow tranny i would just put stock back on...?

im 100% new to gtp world so bare with me..trying to mod it like gn!!:D :confused:

13's are very easy, depending on what kinda budget you are working with there are different ways you can go

a-pillar gauge would not void your warranty...period

as for the pulley..as long as the dealer didnt notice the pulley change before and you changed back to stock, then they would have to replace the transmission

the dimming of the hud is probably the automatic headlights turning on and off, like in other cars when you turn the lights on at night everything in the dims so its not so bright...if you can't see it when it dims then have the dealer change the hud bulb, otherwise its normal

dealer replaced whole new hud system!! i love this car so much not as fast as gn but has potential

if u dont mind me asking what would be the best bang for the buck with these cars say 500 budget and what u think i woul need for a 3.25 pully..rockers maybe i know computer retunes intake?

I just got a 99 GTP as a daily driver as well. Had it about 2 weeks or so. DEFINITELY better/fast/bigger/more comfy/etc. than the totalled Grand Am GT it replaced.

Anyway, when I bought it mine had a DHP PCM, 3.4" pulley, cold air box, 12" brake upgrade and Buick Regal strut tower bars. I feel pretty confident in saying that this car, with that little work is a high 13/low 14 second car. When I do the exhaust work I know it will be atleast a high 13 second car. The DHP needs the exhaust upgrade to reach it's full potential. My next objective with the car is suspension and wheels so the car can handle the power it has.

Definitely a fun, easy car to drive and love. Good luck with yours and congratulations....oh and I agree, it ain't beatin' my GN!

Get a 3.4in pulley and the supporting mods. Dealers cannot tell the diff between a 3.4 and 3.8in pulley. Just replace the stock air box if you have to go in for dealer work. I did this for a while and the dealer never noticed.

Get a scanner www.ls1m.com has a good one. Scans everything and lets you check and clear trouble codes.

Forget upgrading the ignition system for now(or ever). It has been proven in the l67 community that fancy coil packs ect. are not money well spent.

go to clubgp.com or regalgs.org