about to start motor swap and i have electrical questions

Racecar_Dave

Im about the swap in a complete running 87 engine into my 84 and i found out hes wanting to keep the wiring harness. can i modify my existing 84 harness or do i need a intercooled harness? wheres the best place to get one?

Not sure about the modification part but post a thread in the parts wanted section I'm sure you will find a good one for around $200 pretty fast. Good luck brother I'm doing the same swap in a couple of days

Never done this but I do know that anything can be made to work. Lol

Many wire connections and locations are very different between HA and IC setup.

Easier to get ALL the wiring for the 86-87.

Last edited:
I believe caspers sells an 86-87 harness but I doubt it will be as" less expensive "as a used one.

the member is going to include the harness and all relays with his complete motor so im good now thanks for the replys

I just completed this exact swap...i was lucky and had a good 87 harness come with the eng/trans...the harness is quite a bit different...i would definetly find a used 86/87 harness as then everything will be plug and play...you'll have to sort out your fuel lines which are slightly different and re route your power steering hoses ...other than that its an easy swap. ;)