? about ground wires

fugitive

is there anything wrong with grounding 5 wires all in one spot? dont want to drill anymore holes in the car and just wanted to know if i would still get a good ground or not? thanks

I always ground all of my amps to the same ground spot. As long as it is a good tight ground, this should eliminate any ground loops. Although I am far from an expert, I have installed all of my amps this way for 10+ years with NO problems.

I hope this is what you were asking.

fugitive said:
is there anything wrong with grounding 5 wires all in one spot? dont want to drill anymore holes in the car and just wanted to know if i would still get a good ground or not? thanks

I seperated mine into 2 groupings (inside the car), just so that it there was a problem, it might be easier to isolate what was going on.

I rewired everything, and later found out, that was wrong, ie removing them from the engine. I just left them the way I originally did them to see if a problem would develope. It's only been 2 years, but no problems yet.

BTW, have you made a pass with the combo listed in your sig?.

yes, ground them in the same spot. this will eliminate chances for getting ground loop noise in your system. better yet get a little buss bar for your grounds. make sure you scratch the paint away from under yor ground points. i felt the same way with minimal holes for the stereo installation. 1 hole for the ground in a 8 speaker 5 channel system. industrial stregnth velcro works wonders. :biggrin:

im grounding all the wires for my alky controller and greddy electronic boost controller inside the car. didnt know if it would still be a good ground for everything or not,figured you stereo guys would know.
thanks for the help

havent made a pass yet,actually havent even started it yet. just got a razor alky kit too along with some other parts. i got the ext.extreme chip used from a guy without knowing that i needed a ls1 maf sensor to work with it and i just got the maf and new pipe for it yesterday so it should be running soon. i doubt it will put down any good numbers with the stock suspension. only thing i got is airbags,still need more funds for control arms.