AA code valve body in my T-type

84ZZ4

Anything I can do with this valve body or is it junk? It's sitting behind my '72 buick 455 in my '83 regal... stock 3.42 rear gear ratio.

The trans is totally fragged, I've never seen that much clutch material in a pan in my life... just wondering if the valve body can be modified or if I'm stuck ponying up ~$500 for a GN valve body

If you change out the valve body when you do a rebuild, make sure you also get the matching governor as well or you won't be very happy with it.

Yeah governor, servo, etc I know. Otherwise it's just going to be lunch for the 455.

THE AA CODE CADILLAC VALVE BODY IS VERY EFFICIENT .however it is one of 2 castings which use a 4/3 control valve assembly installed inboard of the lo/overrun valve.what this does is cause slow exhausting of the 4th during kickdowns from 4th gear to 3rd or 2nd.you will feel a delay.this is of no consequence although it may feel strange.the shift timing is excellent and most were used with a 3.42 final drive ratio.install my recalibration kit in it and itll be ready for strip duty,believe me.