A Porting We Will go

esinger

Stroker Hot Air
Even though those IC guys give me heck about my Hotair car every once in a while, look at what a couple of them gave me.

Now I can work on porting this extra intake and leave have a running car at the same time (not to mention all the extra parts and my current intake was missing the Power 6 symbol).

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions about porting these intakes and tools I should get to do this myself. I'm guessing a Dremel would be a good start. Any models of Dremel that you guys recommend?

Thanks

Attachments

• intake1.jpg
    intake1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 183
I used two carbide bits to do mine. The key is to hog out the ports without making holes in the walls. It would also be a good idea to get some long bits and remove the EGR hump. I removed mine in a milling machine and installed a pipe plug where the EGR pipe used to thread into the back. You will need to remove the EGR valve itself and put a plate over the hole to block it off. I installed GN1 heads and did not have to worry about that so I milled off the EGR mount. There is a lot of material that can be removed from a hot air intake. It takes some time, but it is well worth it. HTH. ;)

Hey Brian! Do you have any pics of your intake work, or the engine compartment? I know people do a lot of home porting, but I have never seen it myself!

Thanks a ton!

John

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of my porting work. I attempted to do a port job/head swap in the middle of moving. I can take some pics of my engine compartment though. I do have some pics of another persons port job, if I can find them I will post them.