A missed opportunity to highlite the TTA

89ICBM

Well! I watched Bill Goldberg show ‘Car Maniac’ on the History Channel last night. He was spotlighting cars that famous people have been killed in. Guess what? The last segment was about 4 to 5 minutes long and was on the car Sam Kinison (sp) bout the farm in; A 1989 Trans Am with a TPI 350 in it. They showed a car that was suppose to look just like it (it had a black spoiler on the back) and showed the motor explaining it could produce up to 400 HP, YEA! RIGHT! A 400 HP L98. Now! It has been my understanding for years that Sam had a TTA. Do any of you know for a fact that, that is the case? The reason it bothered me is that there was some real detailed commentary on the uniqueness of the other four cars spotlighted. The other cars were (James Dean's Porsche Spider, Tom Micks' Cord, Jane Mansfield’s Buick Electra 225 and the Motley Crew dudes Pantera.)

A PS here: Sorry guys! The show is Automaniac on the History Channel. I did some searches and found that the car WAS a TTA T-Top. Does writing letters to the History Channel sound like something to do.

Rumor has it that the car is still around and was rebuilt after the accident. Is it true who knows

Another reason i guess these cars are not well known.

Somebody like Sam Kinison owns one and passes away in it, and they still can't tell the difference.

lol

Wish I could have saw that show :)

Sammy K ruled! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawhoooooooooooooooooooooa

lol

Yeah, I remember when someone posted the vin of his car from a lot some where and when it got ran it was traced back to his car supposedly.

Sam Kinnison as Al Bundy's guardian angel, it didn get better than that :)

later
Jeremy