a little tuning help please!!

Wes

im trying to to the gn so i can start driving her a lot but i seem to be in need of a little help. i cant get my iac # down. every time i adjust the iac screw clockwise to try and lower it, my rpms go up to the point were its idling in the 2k range and the iac # still doesnt go down. my t+ settings are 0,0,0,0 to eliminate any thing to do with those settings. anyways my scanmaster #'s are
o2: 179-742
AF: 03
LB: 31-34
INT: 120-133
BL: 94
ATS:107
RPM: 850-950
TPS: .38
IAC: 54

I see my iac is high and my blm is very low. so what can i do to fix this????
thanks
wes

You have to readjust the TPS between around .42-.46 when you adjust the IAC counts as the TPS will go out of range and default to a high idle. Kind of a balancing act so to speak:

IAC Reset Procedure

so i have to keep going back and forth between the two? ive been trying to adjust the iac via the iac screw but when i do the rpms just go up... will adjusting the tps make the rpms go back down???

You car is fully warmed up?
After getting the iAC set besure to turn the car off.

Here is what causes low BLM

Low BLM's means MAF, injectors, O2, ecm issue.

I upgraded my Translator chip and cured my low BLM issue.

You car is fully warmed up?
After getting the iAC set besure to turn the car off.

Here is what causes low BLM

Low BLM's means MAF, injectors, O2, ecm issue.

I upgraded my Translator chip and cured my low BLM issue.
so you upgraded your t chip to a turbotweak?

No, there is a chip inside your translator.
You might see what version your translator chip is.

Yes, you have to go back and forth between the two. Just as an experiment, turn your Scanmaster around to where you can see it while leaning into the engine compartment. Without messing with the IAC screw, warm the motor up and wiggle the TPS around at various angles. You will notice a drastic change in idle when the TPS is moved around out of it's "happy spot". It may even set a code, but don't worry, it will clear itself once the TPS is set properly. Also, look carefully at what the IAC set screw does when you adjust it. See how it changes the angle of the throttle plate? Note how the throttle plate also affects the TPS sensor because the roll pin attached to the throttle shaft on the passenger side of the throttle body moves the little lever on the TPS sensor.

A new MAF is not going to magically cure you IAC counts or reset your TPS for you. Yes, your BLMs are quite low, but do one thing at a time. Adjust the screw and lower the IACs a couple, readjust the TPS and turn the car back on. Redo until counts are withing specs.

Low BLMs simply means that the computer is trying to lean out the air/fuel mixture because it "thinks" it is running rich. This has nothing to do with IAC or TPS. Work on one thing at a time. Get the TPS and IAC within specs, reset the computer, let it relearn and then we'll work on the BLMs.

Hey, at least low BLMs are easier to figure out than high BLMs.