A little help on E85 Flex Fuel sensor...

grey racer

livin the dream
I've tried finding a used sensor in the local salvage yards in this area, with no luck....
So I ordered an ACDELCO unit for $280 on the net and received a Seimens (made in Mexico) stamped on it.
Sent it back because I figured I wasn't getting the ACDELCO that I ordered.
So I ordered from another vendor who guaranteed that I would be getting an ACDELCO and received the
same darn thing....Seimens made in mexico stamped on it.....
My question is, is this the unit that is standard in the industry or is there a genuine flex fuel sensor that is
produced in this country ? No one seems to be able to pin it down for me....if anyone knows what's what with
who manufactures these things and which ones are the real deal or whatever, I'd really appreciate the answers...
I've got an xfi and the sensor is vital to be able to run any combination of mixture with no problems...I don't want to
run E85 all the time, thus, the sensor.....thanks for the knowledge, it will be much appreciated...Fred

My GM unit says made in MEXICO on it. All 3 of the GM units i have here are all stamped that way

My GM unit says made in MEXICO on it. All 3 of the GM units i have here are all stamped that way
Not really sure that gives me any more info on my question.....do the sensors say Siemens on them? Why is it when you order an ACDELCO, you get Siemens ?
One company has nothing to do with the other according to Amazon.com where I ordered it from...Even they don't have any answers !
What was the brand originally in the 2002-2005 suv and trucks when they were built ? Anybody out there know ? All the auto parts houses around here want over $500 for the part and
none of them have it in stock and say they don't know the manufacturer....wonder if they're Siemens also.....what about all you guys who have xfi and have sensors, I realize not to many...
anybody want to clear this up...if Siemens is the route to go, fine, but if not, I'd sure hate to make a mistake on this....thanks

ok to answer your question YES its the standard
Yes they do say Seimens on them. The 2 sensors you had will work just fine with the XFI.

Does this answer your question?

Also you can get them for way cheaper, i think i paid 150 or 175 for mine

Yes they do say Seimens on them. The 2 sensors you had will work just fine with the XFI.

Thanks for the input Boost. Unless you'd like to divulge how you paid that low price, I guess I'll be paying $280 again !!! My little hit for the economy, huh ....:cool:

YES DO TELL WHERE!!!

got mine from a member here on the forum. asloan5 if i remember correctly

the ford flex fuel sensor will work on the XFI as well and is cheaper from what im told

got mine from a member here on the forum. asloan5 if i remember correctly

the ford flex fuel sensor will work on the XFI as well and is cheaper from what im told

Thanks again for the reply Boost......just trying to get to the bottom of this thing! Seems like everything from ACDELCO is being farmed out to Mexico or China according to
a respected board member, so what you're saying is old news to many of you....tried to contact asloan5 awhile back, but no answer, maybe he's not around anymore !
The ford sensor hasn't been verified to work according to a knowledgeable source, so I'm going with the Siemens and gettin this project goin....I'll post some results when it's up and running.
The e85 community apparently is the tiniest of the tiny on TB.... !!
again, thanks for the info, appreciate it.