A "Heads-Up" For Vacuum Brakes.......

QWIKTURBO

Who's Monte is this?
Well...I had an interesting experience this morning! Coming off the Interstate I was travelling fairly fast and always get caught by the light at the bottom of the ramp. Today...I had a "Power-Master" experience with vacuum brakes...I hit the brakes and the pedal was Rock hard...never budged!!:eek: I said "WTF" and many other 4-letter words until I got it "whoa'd" down by gearing down. I get it pulled off the road to find that the "tip" of the vacuum booster's check valve had broken off giving zero vacuum to it. All is good now. A 2 dollar part just about killed me!!

Just passing this on so ya'll that have switched over to vacuum can check and make sure this plastic little doo-hicky isn't brittle like mine apparently was!

I tried the vacuum conversion back when a PM was $700+ & had so much trouble with it, I went back to PM (lifetime warranty $199). A PM failure will not affect IAC.

:eek: :eek: At least you were wide awake when you got to work this morning. Did you have a change of underwear with you?