a few H/A questions under the hood

386kustoms

first of fi want to say thank you to everyone on here who has helped me in my search to work on this car. i do however have a couple questions

1. just behind the coolent bottle there is a sensor of some type mouned on fender it has a vacume line on it, where does this line go to and what is the sensor exactly?

2. my brakes suck! do all the hydro brake systems suck? i mean i have to press very very hard on pedel to get car to stop

3. i am going to be changing the power steering belt and i can not for the life of me find the bolts to losen the pump to put belt on. am i dumb or just overlooking something?

4. i have a tick coming from the engine, are these valves known to need adjustment or is it somethng i should have a profesional look at cause it may be a rod going bad or something

my car was sitting for 3 years b4 i got it and i am trying to work the kinks out of it b4 i put some serious money in it. car seems to drive good and when it hits 2nd gear it will brake the wheel loose one wheel wonder

thank you again for the help i just wish someone was local near orlando fl so that i can talk in person about these things

first of fi want to say thank you to everyone on here who has helped me in my search to work on this car. i do however have a couple questions

1. just behind the coolent bottle there is a sensor of some type mouned on fender it has a vacume line on it, where does this line go to and what is the sensor exactly?

2. my brakes suck! do all the hydro brake systems suck? i mean i have to press very very hard on pedel to get car to stop

3. i am going to be changing the power steering belt and i can not for the life of me find the bolts to losen the pump to put belt on. am i dumb or just overlooking something?

4. i have a tick coming from the engine, are these valves known to need adjustment or is it somethng i should have a profesional look at cause it may be a rod going bad or something

my car was sitting for 3 years b4 i got it and i am trying to work the kinks out of it b4 i put some serious money in it. car seems to drive good and when it hits 2nd gear it will brake the wheel loose one wheel wonder

thank you again for the help i just wish someone was local near orlando fl so that i can talk in person about these things

Hose goes to “MAP” sensor (Manifold Air Pressure) which controls the X-mas boost lights on the dash.
If you run an alcohol system, than it becomes very important.
The line connects to a nipple, behind the intake manifold, under the turbo, at the firewall. (Yes, it is a beeeatch to get to!)

Hydro brakes are one of the BEST brake systems, especially on the charged motor.
Something is wrong ……….. bleed the brakes and make sure your master cylinder is not leaking internally.
I am sure you verified the brake fluid, leaking wheel cylinders, etc. :eek:

Power steering has one bolt at the back of the pump, and three on the front (bolted to the head)

Typically, you do not need to adjust the valve train, if you run a hydraulic valves.
If it just started, you may have a sticking lifter, or a can going cam, or a bend pushrod, or a failing rocker arm, or a broken rocker shaft / bolt, or a broken spring, oil pressure problems, yadi dada.
Only way to tell: Pull the valve cover and look for broken parts/ measure the valve depression.
"If" on the other hand it has a comp roller set-up in it, than the clicking sound is normal. :eek: LOL!!!

Good luck!

My Hydroboost system was FANTASTIC....I wish that they kept it for all 4 years of the TurboRegals. I loved in my 84 being able to hold TONS of boost on the footbrake!

why did they get rid of the brake system? also why do you need the other system if you are running a i/c car?

The ticking could be the cam sensor, especially for the age of the car....you could put a piece of hose to your ear and the other end to the vc's,cam sensor, etc and see if you can tell where it's the loudest.....good luck.