A few good kills this week. R6, C4, Ellis, and a 502 Camaro.

cool 84

Got hotair?
I had my girlfriend with me in Vegas this week. She's never been racing and I've never really talked about the GN much to her. We were out late one night and decided to cruise around a little since the weather was nice. First, I pulled up on a convertable C4 Vette. We hit a light, he looks over but doesn't show much interest in a race. Light goes green and I get on the gas harder than normal to see if he will bite. Sure enough, he floors it and breaks the tires free a little. I hammer it and pull past him before I was out of first gear. I end up shutting it down before the speed limit since I made my point.

Next was a ragged out R6 bike. It looked and sounded like it had seen better days. I paced the guy for a half mile and he eventually hit it. I got almost a car between his front tire and my rear bumper from 40mph to 90mph. He gave me a thumbs up and went on his way.

Next was an Ellis powered Camaro SS. We went around a double turn lane, I hit the gas real easy a couple times and he bit. He got his door to my front bumper before the turbo spooled and I left him pretty bad. I shut down quick because we were coming up on traffic. He kept going and almost hit traffic and I never saw him again.

Tonight, in Bakerfield I just ran into an older, probably 68 Camaro with a cowl hood. It didn't sound like much but when we hit it from a 40mph roll, it kept up better than the SS Camaro. I put maybe a car or two on him to 70mph. The guy was cool and said it had a 502 in it. I'm extremely happy considering I haven't run race gas or Methanol yet. This thing has been on a strictly 91 octane diet since it has low miles on the new motor.

My 502/502 in my 4000lb 2+2 is quicker than a stock LS1 Camaro or C5 from a roll and is about even with a stock LS6 up it's top speed (over 170).

It feels a lot slower than my Buicks or TTA, though.

I doubt it was the 502hp 502 or the results would've been different, especially with me on pump gas. That car was a real sleeper. I could barely hear the engine running. The guy had no idea what my car was and looked a little puzzled when I told him it was a V6.

Originally posted by cool 84
I doubt it was the 502hp 502 or the results would've been different, especially with me on pump gas. That car was a real sleeper. I could barely hear the engine running. The guy had no idea what my car was and looked a little puzzled when I told him it was a V6.

Probably not. I don't know of any stock 502/502 powered Monte's that don't run high 11's provided there's traction. '68 Camaro's should be lighter....
I still can't get over the car people that don't have a clue what a turbo Buick is, and what they are capable of.

Originally posted by cool 84
The guy had no idea what my car was and looked a little puzzled when I told him it was a V6.

Till this day there are still so many people in the dark on these cars.

Are they living under a rock? It's amazing how anyone with an interest in musclecars still give you the look of confusion when you tell them it's a V6. And it always seems to be the Chevy guys that do it too. What's with that?