A couple of motor ?

quick 6 zack

which are better trw or je pistons.I know that the je`s are lighter but I heard the trw`s are stronger. I also heard of using trw with je`s light weight wrist pins is this true ... one more ? I found a 4.1 block complete & running for $300.00 its supposed to be from a 84 buick park ave. Is the 4.1 better than the 3.8 .thanks

You need to be more specific in your questions?:confused:

TRW makes cast and forged pistons for turbo Buicks. JE also different "models" of turbo pistons.

What do you mean by "better"? The 4.1 you describe is NOT a turbo motor even though it may have the same crank as a turbo motor. It has cast pistons NOT designed for turbo use.

A 4.1 is a great turbo motor when built as one, but not in stock form.

motor ?

I was talking about forged pistons should of been more clear about that . As far as the 4.1 would it be stronger as far as the bottom end caps and the headgasket sealing under boost .I heard something about the heads not sealing .thanks ZACK

No, the 4.1 is not stronger than the 3.8. And since there is less "meat" between the cylinders, it can be hard to get head gaskets to seal. But as Nick said, it can be done, and it will work well. Cubic inches are a good thing, and even better when turbocharged!

Lite Pins

Re: the question on lite weight pins ... if you mean the Ti wrist pins offered in the J&E catalogue ... they told me "Not recommended because price, availability and shear qualities were not favourable" So I'm staying with the standard pins that came with the 522f pistons. FWIW.