A/C Wiring Diagram

KansasGN

Does anyone have a A/C wiring Diagram for a 87 GN. My AC quit and not sure what happened. The fuse is not blown, have checked the charge and the pressure switches. They are fine. Have lost the 12v between the AC Control and Compressor. Any ideas on how to locate the problem. Thanks Brock

Sorry no diagram, but maybe I can help. How did you check the pressure switch? Did you jump it? If so, did you verify there was voltage at the switch?

Thanks for the reply. First I jumped it and that didnt work so I checked for voltage and didnt have any. Theres a relay I wanted to check, but not sure what is what on it? Thanks again

Thank you

That will help. Thank you for taking the time to that. I'll let you know what i find. Thanks Brock

Yes they are. I havent had time to dive in it yet. I think with the Diagrams should be able to locate the problem. Thanks for the reply.

I had an issue where sometimes the compressor would come on and other times nothing. I would wiggle the wiring by the relay (passenger side) then the compressor would kick on for a while then stop unless I move the wiring again.

I thought I had a wiring issue but since I had a spare relay from another vehicle I tried it and it fixed my problem.

Now I have another problem. When I set the switch to High (blower) it starts to drain my battery/voltage. :confused: I have not looked into the issue yet. I would guess maybe the alternator?

Dannyo

Hey Danster

I was looking at the wiring diagram (provided to me by Scott ATK and gsgns4me) and looks like the Hi side of the switch (orange wire) runs directly to the Blower Relay, bypasses the blower resistor. So I'm thinking the blower relay might have a problem. Do you have an extra one of those to try?

Hey Danster

I was looking at the wiring diagram (provided to me by Scott ATK and gsgns4me) and looks like the Hi side of the switch (orange wire) runs directly to the Blower Relay, bypasses the blower resistor. So I'm thinking the blower relay might have a problem. Do you have an extra one of those to try?

I do have an extra one that I will try shortly and post results.

TIA!

Dannyo

Seems to have the same issue. I will check on it more later today.

I think I will put a meter onto the back of the alternator to monitor the output then turn on the AC and log the results.

Anything I should check?

Dannyo

I'm located about an 1 1/2 hours South of you. In Parsons, if your familiar with Pittsburg, I'm about 30 miles west of it.