A/C Vibration

drew666

Old Hot Rodder
What I have found on A/C vibrations:
As turbo dave pointed out, all bolts have to be tight. Every single bolt to every accessory bolted to the face of the block has to be tight. To be sure an accessory is the cause of vibration, remove belts on earlier models and serpentine belt on later. If engine runs smooth, an accessory is probably the problem. This has been a month long nightmare for me and 4 friends. We found that along with all bolts having to be tight, when charging the system (new invironmentally correct freon instead of R-12) the pressure has an effect on the vibration. We gradually charged it up to about 125psi. It seems to me that ambiant tempurature plays a role in getting the pressure right. This part does not seem logical to me, but it is what we saw. Part of the design of the entire A/C system seems to have some bearing on all of this - but it is the system you have to work with. There is an intermittent buzz through the console at different low speed loads. Other than that I am happy. Really smooth otherwise. Thanks to everyone on this site helping me. I hope this helps people with the same problem. Drew :cool: