A/C vacuum pump ran by compressed air?

I've actually used the engines vacuum to pull a vacuum on the a/c. I know...kinda shade-tree and red-neck but when you don't have the right tools for the job you gotta do whatcha gotta do to make it work!:p

And no to your question. I haven't tried one of those.

I went to Autozone and they had an electric a/c vacuum pump on their "Loan a tool" program. Leave a deposit and get it back when you are done.

Mike

I contacted Autozone. They do not carry a vacuum pump. I also tried O Reillys too. They also do not carry it.

The venturi type pumps work OK, it largely depends on the how much CFM your compressor can put out. mine works pretty well but my compresor is 27 CFM. If it's less that 10 CFM forget about it.

Used them before. It just bugs me to run the compressor for 30-40 minutes to make sure I get everything out of the system. When it's all you've got, it works great.

Used them before. It just bugs me to run the compressor for 30-40 minutes to make sure I get everything out of the system. When it's all you've got, it works great.

Try Harbor Freight tools...they have both....The electric and compressed air type....