a/c vacuum hose routing

jopaustu

Found the reason my a/c is blowing hot air (I think) .System running factory weight R 12 and was blowing cold ,just not out the front vents. I hooked my mini vacuum tool up to block connection behind glove box (the one with the multi-colored hoses), and was able to shift the vents. I cannot locate where the hose goes into the car from the engine compartment or where it would connect inside the car (somewhere below the evap. Housing). today I found that the out side air vent wide open and sucking in hot air (screen covered vent below pass. Side of windshield.. any help appreciated. Joe

Is your's a c68 climate control unit? If so, I'm doing the exact same thing on mine. Drop the glove box door by pulling the spring steel catch out of the way and you will see all the ac controls incl the rod that moves in and out to control the opening of the flap to the evaporator. On the 86 with c68 there are 2 vac lines coming in near the ecu. The pink one is the source and can be traced to the engine compartment over by the egr. Going into a 3 way valve that also goes to the vac ball under dr side behind headlight. I have the vac diagram (for 87) that comes out of the Buick regal service manual, but would need to scan. I'll bet someone else may may electronic file. Carl