A/C System Leak

Rugby

First I want to thank everyone who has helped me with some of my stupid questions.

Now on to my A/C question.

My car losses it's freon charge over a week or so. I finely ponied up and bought a dye leak kit. Simple deal. Glass with a small led black light. Shoot some dye in and go drive. I think I have found a leak. Not sure if it is the only one.

Take a look at the attached pic and tell me what you think.

I put the yellow glasses in front of my phone for the pic. It seems to have worked well.

Should I go buy a few orings and put in it or should I replace the compressor? The compressor is not original. This one came from 4 seasons.

Would it be a good time to go head a replace the condenser? The car was converted to 134a before I got it.

What's everybody's thoughts?

Attachments

• 20150728_201124.jpg
    20150728_201124.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 123
there's two orings at back of compressor where the lines connect , replace those first and try again

Did you put the compressor on?
If so, did it come w/ the little alum sleeves that are supposed to be pressed into the hose end?
Been some discussion about this, recently.
My new 4 Seasons comp kit has them. Have not installed it, tho.
I was told that if you use both sleeves, the innermost will be pulled into the compressor, and the system trashed.
Mark H also had issues w/ the sleeves. Something to check out, when you change the o'rings.

The compressor was on the car when I bought it.

I am just trying to keep A/C in the car. I am too old and its too hot not to have A/C

Did you put the compressor on?
If so, did it come w/ the little alum sleeves that are supposed to be pressed into the hose end?
Been some discussion about this, recently.
My new 4 Seasons comp kit has them. Have not installed it, tho.
I was told that if you use both sleeves, the innermost will be pulled into the compressor, and the system trashed.
Mark H also had issues w/ the sleeves. Something to check out, when you change the o'rings.

Chuck, I only had an issue with the sleeve fitting the Highway Stars repro hose set. I ended up using my stock ones and the sleeve fit fine. Only need it on the discharge line.