a/c problems

robh

I'm looking for a little troubleshooting help.
All I want to do is set my parameters for the extender chip with the a/c on. Problem is it won't come on. I would have thought the computer would at least recognize the switch from on to off.
The connections and fuse look good. What else can I start with?

It's good to say the r12 is probably leaked out with the pressure sensor not coming on. Does the system need to be working properly before the computer recognizes the switch?
TIA

yes. the switch will not activate unless thier is a certian amount of freon in the car. a quick way to see if this is the case is to take a paperclip and unbend it so that the two prongs are sticking out. then take the connector off the condensor and stick the papper clip in the two sides to complete the circut. turn the car on and the ac if the clutch ingages then it is just low if not then something else is the matter. this is a sefety feature to keep the compressor from blowing up.

thanks!!

Thanks Turbofish!
Sure enough I ran outside jump the plug and I was able to set the extra parameters that I needed. Sweet!! :p

This is usefull info. Just this morning i was trying to adjust the lock up on my TTYpe with the Extender and couldnt do it cause of the AC.