A/C Problem!

'87Turbo-T-AZ

Air was working fine and then it just quit. All the fuses under the dash are fine, didn't leak out any a134. The thing is, no matter where I put the control lever(vent, heater) the blower does not come on??? I put direct voltage to the blower and it works. So could it be the relay under the hood? Any sugestions would be great, thanks!

3 lower speeds use the resistor. High is direct. Do any of the speeds work? Test with key on engine off so you can here.

Schematic

I would suggest getting a schematic of the other board for GN's and look to see how power is administered to the blower. This will make it easier for you to isolate your issue.

If in hi you got no power to blower, I would check for a relay issue. I believe there is a relay used to power the blower. Then I would check the ground to the blower motor. I believe there is a connection on the A/C box on the top side in the engine compartment.

But I feel the key to your success is in a blower schematic or wiring diagram.

None of them work in any postion even heater or vent.

3 lower speeds use the resistor. High is direct. Do any of the speeds work? Test with key on engine off so you can here.

Mad_Trbo, I put 12v's directly to the blower and it worked. All wires were connected fine. I saw on the other board the one relay in the engine compartment, maybe that?

Thanks both of you for responding. :smile:

I had a blower problem also, I had a broken fusible link on the starter that runs to blower relay.Check to make sure you have 12v to the relay. Or check the black connector by cowl and fender on pass side. It's not weather tite and gets water in it and corrodes.