A/C pressures way off

daily driver

Need some air cond help. The system seemed to be working fine, but I found a leak in my high pressure line and am getting ready to install new lines, etc.

I put my gauges on and got 75 psi on the low side (warning zone) and 75 psi on the high side (needs servicing). It is about 65 F outside ambient temp.

The AC blows cold and makes no noise or at least it did -I do not want to turn it on now that I have seen the pressures.

I am thinking the system is overcharged, Any thoughts?

Those pressures are actually a hair on the low side for a non running a/c system. You need to run the compressor for the pressures to drop down on the low side and come up on the high side.

OK, I believe you have it right.

I turned engine on and got:

25 psi low side and 125 high side with compr off and when comp kicks on it goes to 22 low side / 130 high side.

It cycles about every 10 seconds and to me that indicates a low charge which now makes sense with the leak I found.

Since the system already has 134a in it do I have to evacuate it after I change the lines, orifice and accum? I have everything except a vacuum pump and was hoping to do the work myself-with tech help of course. I read everything on gnttype.org on these systems.

Have to know what the ambient temperature is. Is it cold out? the only time you ned to evacuate is when the syatem is opened. If there is some refergerant in the system then you can just add.