A/C pressure chart--need input

agteacher

Life is GREAT!!
A/C pressure chart---Shop Class use!!!

OK…. Since we have some professional A/C tech on the site---- I need HELP in making a “quick reference” chart for me and my students to use in shop class. This chart will be use as a “Starting Point” for diagnosing A/C problems on most automobile type systems.

Conditions:–Ambient temp.(80degs)—With shop fan blowing across condenser(to help simulate driving conditions) Idling and driving(2k rpms) AND assuming the A/C system is in “GOOD” working condition----

R12:
Idling----Low side pressure reading______ High side pressure reading_______
2k(load-driving)----Low side_______ High side________

134A:
Idling----Low side pressure reading_____ High side pressure reading_______
2k(load-driving)----Low side______ High side________

I know there are many variables, but we need a "rule-of-thumb" chart (most ed. books are very vague).

Thanks for your HELP

A/C pressure chart---Shop Class use!!!

OK…. Since we have some professional A/C tech on the site---- I need HELP in making a “quick reference” chart for me and my students to use in shop class. This chart will be use as a “Starting Point” for diagnosing A/C problems on most automobile type systems.

Conditions:–Ambient temp.(80degs)—With shop fan blowing across condenser(to help simulate driving conditions) Idling and driving(2k rpms) AND assuming the A/C system is in “GOOD” working condition----

R12:
Idling----Low side pressure reading______ High side pressure reading_______
2k(load-driving)----Low side_______ High side________

134A:
Idling----Low side pressure reading_____ High side pressure reading_______
2k(load-driving)----Low side______ High side________

I know there are many variables, but we need a "rule-of-thumb" chart (most ed. books are very vague).

Thanks for your HELP

??? any HELP!!!

The problem you run into is that most charts are for specific design. Are you working on a CCOT, PEVR, VIR, or expansion valve/block system? Each one is different and the pressures will be different as well. The only "general" chart I know of is temp related with the system not running. It tells the average pressures of specific refridgerants at specific temps.