A/C not trying

.38 special

all spooled up
Been awhile since I posted. Just bought another T. It hasn't run in eight years. I've had it for two weeks and I've gotten everything back in running order, but I need a new radiator before I drive it. Anyhow, the a/c still has pressure in the lines and the blower motor works and all, just the compressor doesn't even try. I put a known good relay on there and still nothing. The a/c relay is the last one on the passenger side, I'm pretty sure. Probably a bad clutch right? Let me know if you have any ideas or if I am wrong about something. Thanks

How much pressure is in the system? If it's less than 20 psi or so the lo press switch keeps the compressor off. Take the two pin connector off of the accumulator and short the two pins in the plug to defeat the switch and see if the clutch engages. If it does, you are low on charge. If it doesn't, pull the two pin connector off of the clutch so you can check for voltage while the engine is running, and see if you have 12 V on one of the two pins (I think it's the green one) with the engine running and a/c control on max (or norm or bilevel or def :)). If you have 12 V on one side and ground on the other side of this plug then the clutch must be open. If you don't have 12 V, check the ecm/sol fuse.

Anyway, that should get you started.