A/C Issue

Thanks Joel, I am glad it helped you out. The board is a great tool.

By your signature it looks like you have a great project car on your hands. You planned mods look good, but you may want to consider using 60 pound injectors to give you some room to grow. I would get the fuel pump hotwire kit in it ASAP, and stay out of the boost until you do. We put a hotwire kit on my friend's car a while back. I checked the factory wiring and it was only providing 8.9 volts to the fuel pump. Racetronix makes a nice hotwire kit.

Also, the power plug on the compressor has a U-shaped bare wire with a small resistor in the middle of it. If it already has tape around the bare wire, you probably won't notice it, other than it is on top of the plug.

Let me know if want a picture, and I can snap a photo and post it.

Rob

This is a great thread, my car is showing code 31, I thought is was the wastegate solenoid, I read this post and pulled the ecm sol and it is blown. I'll replace and then see if it is the TCC, will stink to pull the tranny pan off after I just replaced the fluid and filter two weeks ago with zero miles. Should add to the spring cleaning for those of us newbies with original cars. This is also why I bet I can't jump my compressor low side switch to run compressor, the compressor will not come on. Thanks again for the detailed post, I have printed and added to my GN binder.
Joel
Hope the binder is very large. You will be filling it up with hundreds of pages!

The there is a power wire (pink/black) will blow that fuse also, I pinched it one time and killed that fuse. The wire runs inside the large plastic conduit on the driver side valvecover.

Thanks guys, I will drop the tank do the fuel pump and hotwire kit this weekend. Killing me to not drive the car but don't want to kill it, interesting how stock fuel delivery system was so poor. Glad to have this resource, otherwise I would've hurt the car for sure.

You are correct pronto. Will need one binder for original paper work and one for everything else. The original owner kept everything, even the tags from the springs. Gave me his notebook where he logged every single fuel fill up, gallons, brand, grade, cost. funny how it goes full-stop at 1995 when he put it into storage.