A/C Heater Box Removal

Heg87t

Slightly Compressed User
Hey Guys,

I have all the bolts out of the box and it is loose under the hood. Seems like it is still connected in the middle of the dash somewhere.

I have read on another post that the whole dash needs to be removed to finish taking the heater box out.

Has anyone removed the box without removing the dash?

A hammer and sawsall comes to mind...

Thanks,
Dave

theres a duct screw behind the radio that connects the defroster duct , also theres a bar in middle of dash (pass side of radio) that needs to be removed and yes the dash needs to come forward or the fender removed if you want to save the a/c box ..quick way is with a hammer... it breaks up easily but be aware the box and lid are turbo specific so later down the road you may end up paying good $$$ for one to go back to A/C

theres a duct screw behind the radio that connects the defroster duct , also theres a bar in middle of dash (pass side of radio) that needs to be removed and yes the dash needs to come forward or the fender removed if you want to save the a/c box ..quick way is with a hammer... it breaks up easily but be aware the box and lid are turbo specific so later down the road you may end up paying good $$$ for one to go back to A/C

Thanks for the reply. i'll look for those screws.
I found a video on-line that showed the items behind the control unit that needs to come out.

I have another box but I hate to break stuff up...