A/C Fun!

CCG789

Today my A/C compressor finally went on my 87 GN, I have been expecting to go for I while now. Every day it would get louder and louder, I guess after 170,000 miles it was time:rolleyes:, it did its job well in this South Florida heat.

A/C compressor: old #12326204 replacement#1134349
Accumulator: #2724877
Orifice: #3033879

I wander what the difference in between the new and old compressors:confused:? And if anyone has any input…………feel free to chirp in;).

I just wanted to check the part numbers before I ordered from GMPartsDirect thanks for your help.

How much are they asking for the compressor? Nick on the board can get you a replacement. Check with Nick before you buy from GMPartsDirect. May save you some money.

Dannyo

They want $221 for the compressor and $44 to ship at the dealer the compressor is over $440:eek:. I could get the compressor from my local parts store but it is a rebuild the one from GM is new.

I replaced my comp,receiver/dryer with a rebuilt one 5 years ago, and no problems. I also converted over to R-134. I guess it depends if you want brand new or not.

HTH,
Paul

About 2 years ago I had to open up the system because the A/C hoses were leaking. That’s when I changed over to 134a it worked well. When I did change it over I noticed the orifice tube had all typed of stuff in it:eek:, I was surprised anything could pass threw it. It was full off clutch material from the compressor. When I recharged the system the pressure didn’t get up as hi as it should have. I didn’t even expect the compressor to make it threw that summer but it lasted two of them. I just had to deal with how loud it was getting. The compressor still works but the seals are shot on it.

I want to get a new compressor, does anyone have any advice on what brand is the best, I was looking for a Harris, but im sure there has to be one that is more 134a friendly :).

chris

Originally posted by CCG789
They want $221 for the compressor and $44 to ship at the dealer the compressor is over $440:eek:. I could get the compressor from my local parts store but it is a rebuild the one from GM is new.

Nick can get you one brand new for about $200.00 Check with Nick.

Dannyo