A/C Delete Pulley?

Jaycat

The too slow black hole
Can anyone tell me where i can find an idler pulley so i can completely remove all A/C components but keep the serpentine set up the way it is.
Thxs!

Can anyone tell me where i can find an idler pulley so i can completely remove all A/C components but keep the serpentine set up the way it is.
Thxs!

You could check the bone yards for an S10 with a V6 w/o air.

Not all S-10 V6's w/o air would have that, only ones equipped with air where the compressor was removed due to failure/owner not wanting air, and not wanting to redo the belt set up.

I believe I've seen the delete pulleys online at some of ther chain stores. They're pretty common so it seems.

Can be found anywhere. It's part #34224:

A C Compr. Bypass Pulley - Advance Auto Parts

Be advised that this is actually a HELP! product and it fits just as such. This particular part number has the same diameter of the stock A/C compressor pulley. Thus, allowing you to reuse your current serpentine belt. However, some very minor modification must be done. I ended up having to remove the pulley and shim the pulley with a washer so that the belt wasn't bent to far off track because of the bypass pulley not being lined up with the rest of the pulleys. (The belt and/or the tensioner pulley will squeak if it is pulled to far off track). You can notice this slight offset by eyeballing it very close after installation. What you will want to look for is how the serpetine belt tracks off of the alternator pulley. You will be able to tell if the bypass pulley is not lined up properly. Also, after installation, look at where the serpetine belt sits on the power steering pump pulley. You will notice the difference because it will be obvious where the belt was riding before because of the shiny area on the power steering pulley vs. the new location.

You will also have to run one of the bolts through one of the holes on the bypass pulley because it is ever so slightly smaller that the bolt. It's not a big deal because it's aluminum and it can easily be just forced through.

Also some further reading: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/273318-c-delete-pulley-one-exactly.html

89 s 10 with a 4cyl came from the factory with an a/c delete pulley.i got mine from my gm dealer where i work,and thats exactly how we looked it up..