A Big Thanks To The Crew!

DFISCUS

I've said it before and I'll say it again, all the great things that have happened in the races lately wouldn't have been possible without a crew of some very generous and talented people. This weekend was one of the best racing experiences that I have EVER had! Saturday during qualifying the car shook the tires during round 1 and ran decent but not like it should. Then on to round 2 as I was doing the burnout the car popped and then had a miss. I aborted the run, was pushed off the track fearing the worse. Turns out the #3 plug wire came off the distributor cap. Nobody to blame but me because I was the one the put the wires on the cap. About this time I think Ted A ran a 8.48 which let me know that I needed to get my act together if I wanted to do well. As I was sitting there thinking about this Otto says "hey, lets go to Cedar Point and ride the Top Trill Dragster". Thats all I had to hear and we were in the car and on the way. Having some fun was just what I needed.
Sunday morning the weather was great and for round 3 Cal said lets wind that rubber band a little tighter. Cal worked his magic on the tune and the boost controller and said " I just want to say good luck...we're all counting on you". Ted and I just happened to be paired up this time. He left first with wheels in the air and I thought damn that looks cool! I let go of the brake, the car hooked and ran straight and smooth. When I was putting my parachute in the trunk Avon came by with both thumbs up so I fiquired it must have been a good pass. When I got the slip I was so glad that I ran as good as I did at the end of last year. I knew the car had it in it but if you don't do it when it counts it doesn't matter.
Thats about all for now, I'm tired and it's already taken me an hour to type this. In my next post I'll tell you about the last minute thrash in the pitts and all the other help I recieved on the car.

Later,
Dave Fiscus

Congratulations to you Dave and to Ted on his run. I hope someday to see these FAST GN's go down the track.

Thats about all for now, I'm tired and it's already taken me an hour to type this.

I'll do the typing, you do the driving....

Thanks for giving me a place to stay and a special thanks to Natalie for feeding me all weekend. It was tough coming back to FL and switching back to Diet Dews.
You're 2 for 2 this year, with a giant bullseye on you're back. I have no doubt EVERYONE will be running faster by the time BPG rolls around. It's a shame we have to wait nearly two months.

Congrats Dave on the win and new times. All that hard work and tough times has paid off big time!. Good Job!:cool: :biggrin:

Dave and Natalie, thanks for all the good times. Can't wait to hand out in Columbus.

Do they have any roller coasters there? lol

Dave and Natalie, thanks for all the good times. Can't wait to hand out in Columbus.

Do they have any roller coasters there? lol

Yes Jason. They just added a mini-amusement park/waterpark to the best zoo in the USA. I have season passes so you can be my son and we can put a wig on Don to pass as my...good idea anyway.

Dave, it's always good to hear you're running good and not having to constantly thrash on the car, like the old days (remember, I've known you a long time:tongue: :biggrin: :cool: ). Wish we had more time to make it up there from way down here in Mississippi. Miss hanging out with you guys. Hollar at us some time. We have to get all our info (gossip:tongue: ) from Patty and Ken or here. Later.
Johnny

Yes Jason. They just added a mini-amusement park/waterpark to the best zoo in the USA. I have season passes so you can be my son and we can put a wig on Don to pass as my...good idea anyway.

Looks like we found our next "track escape". Now where did I put my speedo swimsuit......?