9's on M/T Drag Radials/Bronze in Oil update

stevec

Motor back in and everything looked fine. Dan Sterzo said normal for lifters cut into bronze and It would not hurt anything. Changed gears to 3.70 from 3.25. Loosen 10" NC converter. Added a star racing vacuum pump best thing I ever did. Motor make s10" of vacuum during pass. Went 9.90 at 145 with a 1.62 short time. Boost controller was pulling all boost out in 1st gear then putting it back in. Fixed this problem and posted a 9.66 at 147.5. Still was conservative in the launch with a 6psi leave at 4100 only went 1.64 to 60'. Very happy with results considering this car weighs over 3800 lbs. I think some 9.30 are in their with more boost and a harder launch.

Steve C

Wow that is great Steve!!!
Please get the TTA out!

The MT 275-60-15 is the spec tire for our class out here.
People are in the high 8.5s.
Why did you choose the shorter tire?

At that weight you guys are doing really well.
What turbo set up are you using?

Congratulations~!!! :D

Very nice pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you think it will do if you leave @ 10-12psi of boost ???????

On-center 274, stg 2 heads, PT -88 4-bolt, T-400, Neil Chance 10" bolt together, Soild roller duttwelier cam, Fel-pro, 160 inj, 4bbl conv intake 90 mm TB etc, etc.

Very impressive on 275/50's to say the least. Definitely making some horsepower to run that mph being that heavy. Congrats, sounds like there is more in her yet. I'd kill for a 1.6 short time, but that's asking too much of the tracks around here. You guys have definitely raised the bar for a TR running DR's. I take it you like the M/Ts?
Scott

I thought it was a stock block at first, guess i was way wrong, nice numbers!

Based on the MPH and weight the car is making about 950HP.
On kill I would think they could get 159ish out of it. The ET is hard to guess based on the tire.

Great times! Sounds like we are making very similar hp. With slicks you should be mid 8's at nearly 160. I have been toying with the idea of putting the MT drag radials on my car. I think you have convinced me. A couple of years ago, I managed a 9.34 @ 151 on BFG's.

You really need to consider running TSO next year.

Cal, if we have time we maybe able to get to a couple of TSO races. The car isn't really steup to run in the nines no cage, chute, etc. I don't know about hitting mid 8's the car is just way the heavy and I would have to have it on kill. Maybe some 9.teens. My brother and I will have our hands full trying to sort out his TTA 10.5 outlaw car. Hopefully we will be out testing the end of October.

Steve C

Cal, if we have time we maybe able to get to a couple of TSO races. The car isn't really steup to run in the nines no cage, chute, etc. I don't know about hitting mid 8's the car is just way the heavy and I would have to have it on kill. Maybe some 9.teens. My brother and I will have our hands full trying to sort out his TTA 10.5 outlaw car. Hopefully we will be out testing the end of October.

Steve C

Steve,
I didn't realize who you were until your last post. Is this the silver car? It's amazing that car is that heavy without a cage.

Cal,

I think is a full weight street car with a ford 9inch.
Maybe they have some stereo stuff in the car as well.
Pimp my Ride... Buick Style ;)

I just built a car for a guy that weighed 3780 w/driver. Car was a Stage2 street car with AC, Ford 9", Wolfe setup, 10 point cage, etc.. This is with a driver that weighs 280+ pounds. Steve just broke that record :)

Scott,

You need to bring the car up to Huntsville for T&T. Before I sold mine I put on my 275/50's that I ran several years ago in those shootout's at Lassiter Mountain. The track was working good and I figured out the BFG's needed to be at about 14-15 psi. I left on 7#'s and went a 1.49 60' and ran a 6.74. I couldn't believe those tires held.

Steve, are you coming down to the race in November? Maybe with the TA

Hey Dusty, Huntsville has a nice track although I've never raced on it. When do they run T&T?

Wed. and Fri. nights and Sunday afternoon. I believe they might have stopped Wed. nights for now but I'm not sure. When the weather starts getting cooler they go to Sunday afternoon only.

I just checked their website and it's Friday night 5 until 10 or 11 and Sundays from noon until 5pm.