96 SS alternator swap

2QWIK4U

I picked up the 140 amp alternator and noticed that the hot wire stud on the back is larger so Ill have to change the ends on the wires that attach there. My question is do I need to change out the wiring for a heavier gauge since this alternator is more amps? Will the pulley need to be changed? I can't visually see any difference in it.

I picked up the 140 amp alternator and noticed that the hot wire stud on the back is larger so Ill have to change the ends on the wires that attach there. My question is do I need to change out the wiring for a heavier gauge since this alternator is more amps? Will the pulley need to be changed? I can't visually see any difference in it.

The only thing i did was to change the ring terminal ends like you mentioned. I didn't do anything else to the original wiring. I did get a different length belt since the pulley was a different size. There was one mounting bolt on the back of the alternator at the bottom left side that didn't line up to the bracket and couldn't be installed but the alternator was solidly mounted without it there and never caused an issue.

the impala cs133 140A uses a larger terminal , cut the oe terminal ring and spread it out.. then it fits
the pulley is the right one for the tr belt but a little smaller, if you have a 635 belt it should be fine
forget about changing pulley ,the impala alternator uses a split lock that doesnt come apart easily

All I did was take a skinny rod type metal file and made the ring bigger by honing it out and it slipped right on. I had to do the same to the ring terminal on Hotwire kit as well.