959 Horsepower on the dyno!

turb

As of yesterday when I left the Car Craft extravaganza (July 20th) in St. Paul, MN the top HP dyno run to date was 959HP. Run by a GNX that had more than a few mods, I'd guess.
Don't know who owns it but probably well known around here, huh?
Anyone know if he finished on top as of the close today?
Congratulations, even if someone else edged you out.

But remember, It's only a six!

Thousands of cars there, a real RUSH!

Our turbo Regal club (Minnesota Grand National T Type Assoc) was set up at the Car Craft Summer Nats 95% of every day and there were 2 GNX's there (both club members) and they are stock or just mildly modded, there was also GN's around and a few T types.
I didn't see any other highly modded Turbo regals there. Maybe one slipped through that one of us didn't see...but the cars on the dyno could be heard as the sound of the higher horsepower cars were easily heard from our area. I would like to think that one of us Buick guys would have recognized the "Mad Cow" exhaust note of the Buick on the dyno. There was a murdered out black turbo v8 g body Monte at the show that was no joke and maybe it was this car. If it was a X its a shame we didn't see it.

name, town, motor, power levels listed... but doesn't want to open the hood because he "does a lot of street racing"

:confused:

I think I remember him having one but he had the 8 in the X. There are some pics of some of the build here somewhere. Either way a bad mofo.

No doubt there is hear say about whats under the hood.

Street racers would never lie about whats under the hood...never..no...LOL.

i saw that GNX sitting just outside the area where the dyno was... it looks pretty tame as you walk up to it- nothing out of the ordinary... then i saw the dyno sheet sitting on the dash...

Ok.....the VP of the club has seen it before and he remembers it having a twin turbo V8 ...hmmmm? Maybe he has since went to ta TA block since....

This is not true. I am still under 30 psi.

I've followed your progress for the last couple of years or so and I've been very impressed with your results. Not to say they couldn't be duplicated by someone else but's it's readily apparent that you've been in the game for a long time, have done your homework and have the dyno results / drag strip times to prove it.

More than likely the car in question has a SBC although it could have a V6 in it. I seemed to think it might have been in GM High Tech a couple of years ago if it's the one I'm thinking about.

Neal