95 z28

watz

Here's the story:

I left work about 5:15 or so, nice afternoon about 85 or so little humidity.
Their are 2 stop lights leaving work, I got through the first one all happy :D (I never make this light) second I pull up as it turns yellow decide I better stop.

Good idea the car waiting for the green was waiting very impatiently he left a little early I believe, no worry's we have all been their besides it's to nice to wreck this day.

Next car was a 95 or so z28 probably a 22 year old driver my light turned green just after he pulled out so I scoot up right behind this guy :) I am looking at the car SLP stickers in the back window duals kinda loud, stick, T-tops looked really nice.

Black paint usually doesn't look this nice probably been painted, anyway, I realize I have my bumper about 6 " from his (kept rolling up when I was looking) I look and he is starring in the back window OOPS :D hehe.
I waive and smile like hey nice looking car he smirks and pops in another CD.
This stop light leads into the interstate so I am right behind him as he pulls onto the I-29 he drops the hammer and so do I 2nd gear I guess he was in, didn't pull away at all SHOOT left the A/C on flipped that off dropped down to 3rd as he came up to 3rd all the way to the floor now, I ain't gaining ground at all.

Dam !

I look down and we are doing 90 he is starting to pull about a car then more, and more.

I dropped out at 97 the truck shuts off, all in all I was pretty happy considering :)D :D :D :D) the silverado 5.3 has it's good points I think.

Have a nice day everyone
-Watz

Watz, I thought you were in a TR!!! Pretty cool to have a big ol pickup hang with a Z! :D

Shoot, 63 views and only reeled in one fish :D dammit don't make me get all raven on ya :)

Yeah its preety funny when the driver looks over and looks at a truck right next to him doing 90then start pulling on them :D

i'm sorry, i dont think that he was trying. my friend has a 95 Z and the car is no joke. all stock. not trying to start a fight or anything but a 95 Z would rip a silvarado to pieces.

I went from a light with my lightly modded '92 RS (305 TBI, 5speed, headers, flowmaster) vs. a new Silverado w/ the 5.3. It was a fairly close race, but I had him beat the whole way. I didn't think they were that fast. Good run though.

Chris

I don't know not saying my truck is a god truck or anything.
I wasn't pulling on him he was getting away just not very fast at all untill of coarse 90.
What did a stock (maybe he was just stock, with an exhaust) run road and track had my identical truck run a 15.2 .... not so bad for a z71???

i'm not saying that your truck is slow and thats real respectful for a truck but i'm just saying i know what thoes LT1's can do.