93 Chip on 91 Octane?

boosted3

I am buying a car with a street chip which i assume is going to be made for use with 93 octane. I live in Montana at about 4500 feet of elevation and the highest octane pump gas i can get is 91 octane. What kind of problems if any will this give me? can i still run the chip with less boost or will it throw things off? I am not sure who made the chip because i do not have the car yet.
Thanks in advance!
Brian

Depending on who made the chip and how old it is you might want to get a new one. If it’s a turbo tweak chip you have the ability to pull wide open timing out and that won’t cause drivability issues. I’m not too familiar with the extender and extreme chips but I believe you can adjust the timing too. It’s all a matter of learning to tune. If you want more power look into alky once you get the car running 100%. Good luck and have fun with your new car.

Pretty much you should be able to just turn the boost down a couple of psi over what your combo should be able to handle with 93 octane.

Thanks for the responses. I will probably attempt to run it on 91 but as soon as i get the money together I will invest in a Turbotweak chip to make my life easier!
Thanks again!