93 buritto owner

Keiffith

Hi, My name is keith and i currently own a 93 beretta in need of lots of work, and in need of a engine replacement. My friend has offered a large sum of money for me to modify and restore my $175 car. the current powerplant is a 93 MPFI 3.1L attached to a 3t40 transaxle. the 3.1 is deffinitely a reliable engine, it and the tranny have taken my car un-rebuilt to a nice tick of 272,000 miles, but it has little potential, and the FWD definitely doesnt help. what i would like to do is take a 87 Turbo 3.8 and get it into my car in its RWD nature. I love being different, so having the only known street driven RWD beretta sounds like a good idea. This is a HUGE project for me, as im just a 18 year old with only novice experience at car modification, but help from the experienced is only a call away. any idea's on this would be appreciated, as im not sure were to start. this is going to be a long project, taking me probably 3-5 years to get it road worthy, but im willing to take the plunge.:)

Welcome. Pick a different platform to build. Your gonna spent tons of money, and at the end of the day its still a 93 Beretta. Or get the money upfront from your friend first.

thats sorta the point. people don't usualy see a beretta and think "this is fast". I have $60,000 to play with, so the skys the limit.

If you have that kind of money go for it. I would personally buy a house or stock right know. Do you have a shop, welder, lift and fabrication skills? I just googled a 93 Beretta and they dont look that bad FWIW. Good luck if you decide to do it.

i have a welder, but everything else needed would be bought. i would like to build the engine first. i would like to get a complete engine and mod it from there. would using the T/A 4.0 bore aluminum block with a strocker crank and iron champion heads be a good idea? and where should i go from there? should i use the Regal suspension and front subframe if it can fit?