92 dodge stealth-anybody done one

turbojack

I have a chance to p/u a nice 92 dodge stealth,non turbo.Has anybody put a LC2 into one of these?? Anybody looked one over to see the pitfalls of doing one---Let me know,I like to get my ducks in a row b4 I commit to buy this thing

Well, being that its front wheel drive with a transversly mounted engine I think that it would be rather difficult. Finding a way to bolt up to the trans, custom building headers, re-making the front accessory drive, custom built intake, custom wiring harness, custom motor mounts... Sounds like a project.

Well, being that its front wheel drive with a transversly mounted engine I think that it would be rather difficult. Finding a way to bolt up to the trans, custom building headers, re-making the front accessory drive, custom built intake, custom wiring harness, custom motor mounts... Sounds like a project.

I always thought they were rwd,they offered a twin turbo setup in that car that year,with fwd,that ought to be a hand full.Isnt the stealth same as the mitsubishi 3000gt ,just badged as a dodge?

Yeah, they are the same as the 3000gt and came in two flavors, FWD and AWD, the twin turbos were AWD. But it's still a FWD platform, they just added a power transfer unit to the transmission for the rear differential.

I had one a long time ago. Sucked then......still sucks!

Poor suspension, expensive parts, poor handling. Just looks cool and gets girls.

Engine is sideways, as noted. BIG POS IMO. \
(I thought they all got crushed?)

It's a wide body FWD Mitsubishi Eclipse! That's all. Nothing Dodge about it. Way overpriced at the time.

Yeah, they are the same as the 3000gt and came in two flavors, FWD and AWD, the twin turbos were AWD. But it's still a FWD platform, they just added a power transfer unit to the transmission for the rear differential.

I didnt know know this,I alwalys thought they were rwd.Now knowing they are fwd cars,I`ll ditch this idea,,thanks ,,Jack

And, I think it's not only a turd, but it's a heavy one..
AIRC, they were in the 3800# range??