911 Help, in the middle of heater core remove and a piece is holding me up!!!

I have the cover ready to come up but there is a piece of metal above the passenger top corner that will not allow to lift the ac cover off. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?? I have posted pics and will be watching this thread from my garage.
Thanks, 696

Attachments

• IMG_2518.jpg
    IMG_2518.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2519.jpg
    IMG_2519.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 201
Everything was pretty much dead on but this piece will NOT let me raise the cover!!!

I have tapped it with a hammer but it pretty soild, just don't want to bend something I'm not suppose to, if I there is another way I'm not seeing.

well if you cant get it removed tonight, i will let you know as soon as i do mine tomorrow...

just thought about something, when i removed a heater core frm a junkyard car i dont remember having to remove the piece you took a pic of. I remember taking off the top cover only...

Yeh, that piece of metal sticking out makes it tough to remove. Try using a screwdriver such that it bends the plastic box out and the metal tab inward.

Have you pried with a screwdriver or advising? The housing isn't very flexible and I am concerned it will break.

I GENTLEY...pried the cover around the metal. Seems like a good way to break something but it worked. Also I used dum-dum (like the factory stuff) when reassembling, no way silcone would have been able to seal it, I was shifting and moving the cover alot to get it in place.....but no more fogging!!!!!!!!:)

I know 696 was already able to remove this, but...
For future people running into the same issue, I just used a dremel to remove a very small amount of metal material along the edge of that support to allow removal and easier re-assembly of the cover. Make sure to position something underneath to catch the shavings and vacuum well. Use touch up paint on exposed metal. Won't see a thing and no harm to structual integrity. I figured it was better than running the risk of breaking the cover by prying.

I know 696 was already able to remove this, but...
For future people running into the same issue, I just used a dremel to remove a very small amount of metal material along the edge of that support to allow removal and easier re-assembly of the cover. Make sure to position something underneath to catch the shavings and vacuum well. Use touch up paint on exposed metal. Won't see a thing and no harm to structual integrity. I figured it was better than running the risk of breaking the cover by prying.

Thanks for the tip! I have yet to replace mine and everytime i try to tackle it something comes up.

thanks again!