91 cutlass s dash

rookie_LC2

the name is...DOOmass
i was admiring the digital dash that exists in my buddy's '91 cutlass. Just eyeball measurements, it looks noticably shorter in height than the G-body bezel, but it is a similar length. before i get into this, i was checking to see if anybody has ever done this type of swap. (still keeping eyes peeled for a park ave. dash!)
when he lets me take it in exchange for paper currency (aka rip off), i'll attempt to get er in there.
if it works and doesn't catch fire i will post install pics and instructions...(if anybody wants em)

i have the 1987 buick chassis manuals, was hoping to find an '87 park ave since i already have block diagrams galore, but we'll see how similar the cutlass one is... just gotta find an olds dealer that wont laugh at my face when i ask (beg!!) them to break out their manuals and look for THAT wiring schematic! "look son, we close at 3:00. It's 2:49...Why dont you go play on the train tracks or somethin'."

there was some guy on here a couple years ago that figured out some sort of swap with a digital dash from some other GM model. Don't remember his username, but if do a search, you may find it.

that park ave dash swap was the one that got my blood flowin on this. the dash in this oldsmobile i've been eyeing has all of the gauges present, so no cycling required. this might be a huge job (if it works!), this olds also has an additional display on the center console that shows trip, fuel eco, oil life, numeral RPMs, numeral coolant temp, etc... similar to ones found in same year cadillacs.

either way, that park ave dash is a really really cool swap!