9,s with PTE SLIC

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
Wondering if anyone has ran in the 9s with a PTE stock location intercooler and if it could be done?

Wondering if anyone has ran in the 9s with a PTE stock location intercooler and if it could be done?

I am not sure if its been done but I am sure it can be done. Some have ran in the 9's with a CAS stock location intercooler and I am sure that the PTE is at least as good and is likely better.

Joe Lubrant was the test mule and made 9 second runs on that unit at US 41 IIRC.

NO... we only had a CAS V4 on it then.. She now has the PTE one since I stole the V4 for the Buick/Mazda beater:p PTE is a NICE piece !! Got ours from Mike @ Full Throttle :biggrin:

Orlando Granada was the first one to run in the 9's with the PTE SLIC when it came out and he did it without the aid of alky~

Here's the pass at BG from like 2005 I believe??

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXtGrxzMStg[/YOUTUBE]

Attachments

• orlandosmall2.JPG
    orlandosmall2.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 272
  • orlandosmall3.JPG
    orlandosmall3.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 281
Orlando Granada was the first one to run in the 9's with the PTE SLIC when it came out and he did it without the aid of alky~

Here's the pass at BG from like 2005 I believe??

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXtGrxzMStg[/YOUTUBE]

HE ran nines with slic and stock MAF sensor.was he running stock PCM?

I'm pretty sure he got tired of working around the A/C busting knuckles. Can't blame him although I like to have A/C as well. The car still has a 200-4R trans in it.

hmmmm .. have to think here... is he runnin a different intercooler now ??

Joe Lubrant was the test mule and made 9 second runs on that unit at US 41 IIRC.[/QUOte

You might be confusing it with the original double stack unit which is still on the car today.
And I am fairly certian that I drove Joe's car to the first 9
second pass probably either 98 or 99 . The years all start running together
the older I get.

Joe Lubrant was the test mule and made 9 second runs on that unit at US 41 IIRC.[/QUOte

You might be confusing it with the original double stack unit which is still on the car today.
And I am fairly certian that I drove Joe's car to the first 9
second pass probably either 98 or 99 . The years all start running together
the older I get.

Yeah you're correct! That was you with the big wheelie too. I drove from Chicago to the track Friday Saturday and Sunday in my GN 600 miles in three days with a TH 400.(Take that Grumpy:biggrin:)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 186