9.12@156 "FEAR" hit track for testing with strong results

John, my man, you will get a Vid of the next outing in 3 weeks with the new tires;) We are chosing right now the best Slick to put on fear for best results. We are discussing the Phoenix or Hoosier with a 29 inch tire vs a 28.5. The M/t has been going away as of lately,a nd we just need new tire. I plan on 8.8's right off the trailer, 1st run, low settings to start the day:wink: This may be at the Arizonas Fastest street car shoot out, who knows, but we are going to hit that for sure. We may not be back halfed, or running fatter tires, but if we hook, we will be looking real nice.

First off congrats and hopefully you'll see an 8 sec timeslip next time out.

I've always run the 28.5x10.5 phoenix and I've had pretty good success with them but plan to switch this year. The sidewall is not stiff enough for a high HP heavy car and we were killing them last year although we did manage an 8.55 on a worn out set. Tubes will help and are a must with if you run Pheonix on that heavy of a car. We are going to try the 29.5 MT stiff sidewall this year. The Phoenix has the largest tread for the narrowest sidewall making them fit really nice and in the high 8's might work well for you. The Hoosiers have the fattest sidewall of all of them.

You really need to look at that suspension. I would look REALLY hard at the front suspension especially your shocks. What works in a 10 second car will not always work in an 8 second car. It can get away from you REALLY fast at your power level.

Way to go! Sounds like you're in for plenty of fun with the car. Enjoy it and be careful. As someone already mentioned, things happen much faster in the eights and it's better to abort and save the car for another day if things start to go off track. At my home track, a lot of new fast cars have been kissing the wall lately. And from what I hear most of them were caused because the driver tried to be a cowboy. Be safe. I should talk. Sometimes you just have to learn by doing. Hopefully you make it through those situations and can say, "Dang, I was lucky! :eek: Next time, I'm not going to try that again."

Get some videos taken for us.

It's amazing how the setup of the car needs to change so much when you're shooting for that magical 8 number. It's like going for the sound barrier.

Way to go! Sounds like you're in for plenty of fun with the car. Enjoy it and be careful. As someone already mentioned, things happen much faster in the eights and it's better to abort and save the car for another day if things start to go off track. At my home track, a lot of new fast cars have been kissing the wall lately. And from what I hear most of them were caused because the driver tried to be a cowboy. Be safe. I should talk. Sometimes you just have to learn by doing. Hopefully you make it through those situations and can say, "Dang, I was lucky! :eek: Next time, I'm not going to try that again."

Get some videos taken for us.

It's amazing how the setup of the car needs to change so much when you're shooting for that magical 8 number. It's like going for the sound barrier.
Your right Don. I dont like playing Cowboy anymore:biggrin:

Your right Don. I dont like playing Cowboy anymore:biggrin:

Like you did in Houston.:D lol

Congrats again Quint.

Cant wait till that 8 sec phone call.

I'm still look'n for the gears.

CC

Like you did in Houston.:D lol

Congrats again Quint.

Cant wait till that 8 sec phone call.

I'm still look'n for the gears.

CC
Yes, please check on the gears. Not sure if I need them yet, since we may stick with the 28.5 tire, but switch to the Phoenix? Your the 1st one im calling once i get there. I have a funny feeling its going to be some higher mph, since the car wont be hitting those 1.30's 60 fts, alot of these guys can manage to get there. We will see

It will have some consiberable lag with that big of a T6 framed turbo. No way to spool it with any kind of efficiency on the top end without using the nitrous. His previous converter spooled well but he could blow right through it.

Sounds pretty familiar, cept my shhht is weak.

Quint- get that sumbum into the 8s as it sits and call me what you have done to it for timing and fueling.
I have alot of questions if you have some time
BW

Sounds pretty familiar, cept my shhht is weak.

Quint- get that sumbum into the 8s as it sits and call me what you have done to it for timing and fueling.
I have alot of questions if you have some time
BW
I will do that, talk at you soon

Quint,

Got your message late last night.:eek: Please post results here.

CONGRATS!!! :)

Chris

Thanks guys, sorry for delay, had to eat lunch :). Thanks Glen for posting my link. When Jan gets a chance to Breath, he will post the slip. Gotta say though, pulling a 1.36 60 ft with the kind of drama we had (not so much :)) was speaking big about Lawrence Conley's guy setting this thing up to go straight.
We have lower temps coming in Nov and will be hitting 30#'s then. Getting with Jan, after that to set car up for even more, which is really where this turbo wants to be.