89 Tta

89 TTA with 500 miles whats it worth???

I have found a TTA with 500 mile on the ODO whats it worth ???

I'd say 23K to 29K best guess.. These cars are still whatever someone will pay for it. If someone wants a TTA with low miles 29K should be easy.

Re: 89 TTA with 500 miles whats it worth???

Originally posted by bragan70
I have found a TTA with 500 mile on the ODO whats it worth ???

If you are talking about a t-top/leather or t-top/cloth car then I would say the seller will probably end up getting around $20k for it. I saw a post in a different thread where someone just bought a TTA with 1400 miles for $19k. I bought my TTA with 1100 miles for $20k 3 years ago.

Now if you are talking about a hardtop car I would say you should add a 20%-25% premium so around $25k would be a fair deal.

Good luck with the purchase if you decide to go for it, they are great cars.

Re: Re: 89 TTA with 500 miles whats it worth???

Originally posted by 1987 GN
If you are talking about a t-top/leather or t-top/cloth car then I would say the seller will probably end up getting around $20k for it. I saw a post in a different thread where someone just bought a TTA with 1400 miles for $19k. I bought my TTA with 1100 miles for $20k 3 years ago.

Now if you are talking about a hardtop car I would say you should add a 20%-25% premium so around $25k would be a fair deal.

Good luck with the purchase if you decide to go for it, they are great cars.

I'd agree with Rich on the 20k range..22-23k maybe if it's perfect....there's a few low mile ones that have been forsale forever for 25k. I think bryan still has his for sale too.

would u mind telling me where it is? If you dont want it....I will take it LOL!

http://www.mtnhmweb.com/trmclassiccars.asp

64 mile one here, # 34.5K

the 485 mile one in Texas has already been sold, was asking $ 32.5K. unknown what it sold for.

There was a 30 or 40 something mile one for sale on the east coast about a month ago. Don't know if it sold or not and don't know where I saw it advertised. Don't remember price on that one either. I think about $ 32K or so

Originally posted by Wells
http://www.mtnhmweb.com/trmclassiccars.asp

64 mile one here, # 34.5K

the 485 mile one in Texas has already been sold, was asking $ 32.5K. unknown what it sold for.

There was a 30 or 40 something mile one for sale on the east coast about a month ago. Don't know if it sold or not and don't know where I saw it advertised. Don't remember price on that one either. I think about $ 32K or so

The ads you see are for the cars that didn't sell yet........and at those prices they will be available for quite a while. The cars that are priced reasonably sell quickly and the ads are removed so these over-priced cars distort the true market value of what a low mileage TTA actually brings.

Originally posted by gngirlfriend
The ads you see are for the cars that didn't sell yet........and at those prices they will be available for quite a while. The cars that are priced reasonably sell quickly and the ads are removed so these over-priced cars distort the true market value of what a low mileage TTA actually brings.
--------------------------------------------------------------
gngirlfriend:
I beleive that you are mostly correct except for a couple of issues/items:
Partial quote:" The ads you see are for the cars that didn't sell yet". No, a lot of times you see cars that have already sold. A lot of magazines offering advertising/selling of collectible items are somewhat relucant to remove the adds and are generally in no hurry to do so. Reason being: If there are no adds, they don't sell magazines.
adds are quickly removed: same thing & same reason.
But I know that you are 100% correct in intent, though.
This I have found out through personal experience.
I know thaqt the one in Texas is still advertised, even though it sold quite a while back. Like 6 months or so. That was the 485 mile tta that I was referring to.

Oops:
I stand corrected, the one in Texas is now advertised as being sold. I looked at it about 2 weeks ago, and it was still advertised for sale.

Look at Gary with all the links! :cool: 47 miles is pretty nuts! That other TTA with 64 miles on it is nice too! It's all how the people stored these low milage cars as to how good they kept. Mine has 28K and my under side looks better then both of those cars! :eek:

Originally posted by Wells
FWIW & IMHO:
To the best of my knowledge, this is the lowest mileage TTA that I have ever seen or heard about in, well, maybe forever.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/8693.html

That car has been for sale at that price for almost 4 years as I emailed the guy about it (since he lives about 20 minutes from me) prior to buying my other TTA. Seemed like a nice guy and car but the price is simply very unreasonable. I could have bought two of my TTAs with (1k miles) and had $7k left over.

Point is if you are in the market for a low mileage TTA........find someone who is interested in selling one......not somoeone who is fishing for someone to make a bite on theirs. Good luck with the search/purchase.

Originally posted by 1987 GN
That car has been for sale at that price for almost 4 years as I emailed the guy about it (since he lives about 20 minutes from me) prior to buying my other TTA. Seemed like a nice guy and car but the price is simply very unreasonable. I could have bought two of my TTAs with (1k miles) and had $7k left over.

Point is if you are in the market for a low mileage TTA........find someone who is interested in selling one......not somoeone who is fishing for someone to make a bite on theirs. Good luck with the search/purchase.
------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW & IMHO:
I am not passing judgement on the practicality of purchasing such a car of either that low of mileage or that high of price. I merely thought that fly2cya might be interested in seeing other similiar cars for sale. He did ask where the 500 mile car was at. And it is extremely unlikely that you, or anybody else for that matter, will ever have opportunity to purchase another 1K mile tta for 20K. A year ago, yes, maybe even 8 months ago, because I know of a friend that sold a mint, 1.4 K mile tta nt more that about a year ago for $ 17K. It is very doubtful that such a bargain can be found again.

The asking price on my 1k mile car was $24k not $20k. Pretty much in line with today's prices as the TTA market has been dead in the water for quite a while and has not begun moving like the turbo buick market. That may change in the future but as of right now there are a lot of very low mileage cars that can be had for around $20k. Once you find one you are interested in buying you will see that there are not a lot of people looking to spend $20k on a 16 year old half-pontiac / half buick car. It is a very limited market and the sellers are usually more than happy to negotiate.

I just sold my TTA with 3k miles at the beginning of this year. I advertised it for 4 months at $22k and had 1 person come look at it. 1 Person! This car was absolutely perfect. Not a scratch/ding/ or blemish. The demand just isn't there........so when that person made an offer I took it. It may have sold to someone else down the road but it just comes down to the fact that if I wanted it sold in the near future I had to be negotiable.

Good luck on your search Gary.......if you decide to by a low mileage TTA you will find that you have quite a bit of power in setting a price that is acceptable to you more so than the seller.

I hate to be rude, crude, and socially unacceptable, but do you mind my asking what yours went for. I would do 18K on a 3K perfect TTA in a heartbeat, but $ 20K might be stretching my budget right now. And the market value has changed considerably (increased) I would say, beginning about 8 months back. I am actually wanting a hardtop, and I know what an extremely pristine, extreme low mileage garaged and covered hardtop TTA would go for about now. I do know that the condition and mileage of a hardtop TTA is exteremely critical in determing it's value. Much more so than a t-top, it seems to me after searching and pricing them both. You are correct that they they do not move like a GN or T-type, even when they are nice or fairly priced. It seems that you need a cetrain select buyer on a TTA much more so than on a turbo Regal. I might have called on your car a while back. I think that I remember calling on a $ 24K TTA a while back but it was already sold, but was still currently advertised somewhere. Maybe about 2 months back. East Coast, right?

No you didn't call on mine as I had listed it online in the forums without a phone number, you would have had to have emailed me on it first.

Mine sold for $20k.

I sold my TTA to a friend, who isn't into the buick market or tta market at all, just liked it cause it was fast and mint. It had 8500 miles on it at the time, I got 17k for it. Which was what I paid for it 2 yrs earlier w/6500 miles on it. I think I did pretty good on it!