89 TTA or GN Wanted

RollBar said:
That TTA in LA. is 13,500 but is not what I want. But thanks anyway.

Mod,
We still have a troll.

Sorry I gathered that after typing in the post. :eek:

Link to your best bet.

TTA

But I think you might not be in this league? Just save and maybe you can join us.

Good luck!

FYI Think about a 2nd Job and maybe you can get closer ?

Just a helpful hint.

sorry man, but thats a little to high in the $$ for a 33K car.. don't get me wrong, you have a clean car but i wouldn't have went over 21,000.. a freind of mine just picked up a 10K car one owner for around your price.. their are deals out there, you just have to look hard..

nordy racer said:
sorry man, but thats a little to high in the $$ for a 33K car.. don't get me wrong, you have a clean car but i wouldn't have went over 21,000.. a freind of mine just picked up a 10K car one owner for around your price.. their are deals out there, you just have to look hard..
I agree completely with that statment,someone bid that auction up and someone reeled in a live one...imo...he will find one like he is looking for and it wont be in his dreams just in time and patience...maybe,njbadboy,he dont need the second job to be in your league,or he dont need to save up either,sounds like he might be past that league,that might be why he waits for a fair-great deal instead of rushing out and paying tooo much like some people do that might not care about it either because they saved instead of shopped or got a second job instead of shopping..their is deals out their all the time,my car i only paid 15k and its as nice as a over priced 25k car,and my car came with a complete built brand new race motor on the side with about 4k worth of other stuff too...i shopped instead of just dropping 25k on something and i definately could of afforded to spend 25k on the way to buy a car..but wait his post was asking for help finding something not to put him down and so on...wasnt it?

New EBay Listing.
New Listing 87 GN 8,000 miles

This 87 GN looks nice but a little aged under the hood. You should try for this car but I think you will most likely be out bid if 18,000 is your max. This car is not the cleanest under the hood and bone stock but I will guess it goes for way over 20,000.

Good luck!

Dave,

No idea where you are coming from, but he can get a nice 30-50K mileage GN for the money he is looking to spend, and most definately a TTA. I will say you car is sweet, but at least for me, when spending $25K for a GN I would want something completely original, and very low mileage. You chose to spend $25K on a car that has been repainted and with some modifications, but that is what you wanted. I paid in the same neighborhood as you for a 6,900 mile car, bone stock and original right down to the tires that are on the car and all paperwork.

This guy is trying to find a car, and you are coming off like an . . .

If you have nothing constructive, why not stay out of it.

Thanks guys,
I am being very patient because I have jumped on cars before and seen a better deal come around. I will wait 6 months if I have to, but I know I can get what I am looking for. I just sold my 2 89 TTA's , So I dont know what all the hype is? I have noticed that people post cars for sale before they look through the wanted adds. Heck ,I do the same thing! TEhee

The right deal will come along and I will buy......Simple as that. No knee jerk reactions here.

Dave,
I really appreciate the help you are trying to give, but I'd rather you stay out of this thread. I am a big boy that has been doing this for a long time now. So run along and play with the other buick boys.

The time to have bought a TTA was about 4 years ago when a 100 mile car would only bring about 22K. It seems to me that the TTAs have been going up in price about 10% a year since then. They have finally got to a point where a "zero" mile car will bring the original sticker. I can see these ultra low mile cars bringing 50K in about 5 years.

I have an 89 TTA, for the price you can buy mine you can make it the mint car you want and mine has 61k miles on it...I have the original window sticker and I think maybe a brochure or/and owners manual...

RollBar said:
The right deal will come along and I will buy......Simple as that. No knee jerk reactions here.

Exactly! The right one will come along, you just have to keep an eye out for one. You will be coming into the buyers season in the next couple of months, so the deals might be a little sweeter over the winter.

It took me about 6 months to find mine and looked at numerous ones until I found the right one. I even had a deposit on one on the left coast at Select Motors that had 5800 miles, only to have the car inspected and find out the car was a mess. Hang in there, you will find what you want at the price you want.

cutlasskid said:

Hate to tell you, three of those cars have been sold, the Lake Worth one over two years ago. cars-on-line is worthless unless you get the weekly updates and use that if you are buying. I called one person on a GN and the poor women answering the phone claimed to have the number for over two years and received so darn many calls. She had her son e-mail cars-on-line for over a year and they did not pull the ad.

thats good to know, i think its up to the owners to let them know they sold there item. They get 50.00 to run the item until it sells.

cutlasskid said:
thats good to know, i think its up to the owners to let them know they sold there item. They get 50.00 to run the item until it sells.

Yes, you are right it is up to the owners to post that the car is sold, but you would think that someone would take the time to check on cars there for more than a year. It became very frustrating when looking for a GN or TTA to call and find out car was sold a long . . long time ago.

That is why it is good to subscribe for their weekly newsletter when looking for a new car.

Well Here is your car. This car is MINT!!!!!!!! All original and a member of Turbo Buick web site. If you dont buy this car for 18,900 you are out of your mind. If I did not already buy my car I would jump all over this car.
Good luck.

Members 87 GN For Sale