88 GTA 5.7 hardtop TTA clone...$2k

Scott A.

Looking to sell my 88 Trans Am GTA hardtop with the 5.7 TPI. Car is white with beachwood leather interior, a TTA clone. I bought it make a TTA clone, but have no time to complete it. I'm the third owner, it originally came out of California, and made it to Indiana in 1994. I don't believe its been out in the winter that much (if at all) judging by the body, as its not rotted! All of the body is solid, except for the passenger side front fender which has a dent in it, think it can be pounded out though. The only rust I see is the battery tray, its thin metal needs to be replaced from the a battery leak or from sitting to long with a battery connected?? This is not the only TA I've seen do this.

The paint is shot, and the seats need recovered. The carpet might clean up without being replaced, and the headliner needs replaced. Car has the digital dash, everything on it works. The headlight motors need attention. The radio works, but the cassette does not (has the steering wheel controls and factory subwoofer setup with gain control).

Car runs good! I was told the 5.7 TPI was rebuilt about 20k miles ago. No leaks. Car has sat for about (5) years though. It starts right up. Just put a new starter, battery, upper radiator hose, serpentine belt, hood struts, pcv's, and fresh oil change. Motor has lots of throttle response and is fun to drive! This is a WS6 car with 4-wheel disc brakes, aluminum driveshaft, and the 3.23 rear axle.

Car will need tires too (current ones are dry rotted). Car has 136k miles on it.

Asking $2k, no trades. Located in Richmond Indiana. Can email pics if interested. Restore it, race it, or part it. Great candidate for a TTA clone for the money.