88 gn????? wtf

chops

At the mall today on long island ny I parked next to a gn offcouse am going to check it out I looked at the reg sticker it said 1988 buick ??? I said it can't be my wife and kids went in the mall I stayed close by till I seen someone go to the car I asked him about eh bought the carin dec of 87 the sterring wheel was a liitle diiffent it had an arm rest and leather seats from the factory he said there only 160 gns that are documented as 88 don't know how true it is but he gave ne his # and am more than welcome to go over and he will show me all documents. He also has a gnx and turbo t am going to take him up on his offer and take photos and post with all paperwork :confused:

88 gn

My mistake I just called him he said car was made jan 88 he bought it dec 88

Double

HUM .WAS IT BUILT FROM RUNOVER/SPAREPARTS ? ID LIKE TO SEE RPO'S .VERY VERY INTERESTING ... THATS ALL I WOULD LIKE TO SEE AND THE VIN THAT MATCHES .. :confused:

Last gbody off the line was an 87 GN owned by someone on this forum..this guys story about his 88 sounds like bs, the last GNs were built so late they should of been 88s.

That sure would blow alot of people's minds if it turned out to be true,+ we are only finding out about it 24 yrs later.

Maybe that came out wrong... I'm sure the last GN on here is real. I don't believe this 88 story.

Did he tell you he has a Leprechaun too:eek: J/K
The last Buick Regal Grand National was made in Dec of 1987. It was the last car made by the Pontiac plant in Michigan. If he has a 1988 Buick Regal GN with factory leather interior and armrest then ask to see his twin turbo FBI-spec-non-leaking oil GNX too:eek:
Get his plate and VIN if you can. We will get to bottom of this:rolleyes:

Maybe that came out wrong... I'm sure the last GN on here is real. I don't believe this 88 story.

No actually you said it right ,i didn't mean to quote what you said ,I just clicked in the wrong spot.
I meant it would blow people's minds if after 24 yrs we find out there is actually a super rare run of unknown 1988 gn's + they came with leather seats + a different steering wheel etc. ,+ nobody even heard of them until now.

BS.gif

As stated above, the last Grand National is well documented.

Most cars produced after August (I think?) are often times considered to be the next years model. I remember when looking up paint codes if you had a car built 12/87, you had to look it up for 88. Maybe the state jumbled something up with the paper work.

If you go look at it, jot down the VIN# and we can run a car fax on it and see what it says. Also, the production date should be on the sticker on the drivers door in the jamb.

And I know for a fact gn were produced in88 and sold as 87 bob aletto has onethe pro date was 88

doesnt matter when it was made, what did the MSO say it is? $1 says a 1987 even if built in '88. (It'd be on the title now since MSO is long gone on that car).

the car probably got registered as an 88 because that's when the paperwork made it's way thru the DMV. this is the same reason that there are some documented 69 Camaros that were registered as '70 models.