87 we-4 $30k invested sale or trade

seeyabye

This is probably the worst time to try to sell a car like this, but I feel like I have completely lost interest in Turbo Buicks. I understand that the economy is in the toilet and more people have less disposable income. I have owned this car for about 7 or 8 years. The car has about 140k miles on it, and about 2k on the drivetrain.
The engine was built by Anderson Performance Automotive in 2007. It is the original 109 block out of the car with a forged stroker crank, RJC girdle, forged pistons and rods, Comp cams custom grind roller cam kit, C&C race ported Champion GN1-R aluminum heads, T&D rocker system, Cometics, Champion off center port matched intake, SFI flywheel and internal balancer, all new sensors, oil pump, timing cover, valve covers, etc. I have the receipt from Anderson where I spent about $13k on the longblock and intake. At the same time I put the engine in, I also added new ac compressor, power steering pump, 140amp alternator, RJC 7 piece pulley kit, g-body parts aluminum radiator and dual fans, a pte 76mm dual ball bearing turbo, TA performance stainless 3 bolt headers, Big Wood racing custom 3.5" downpipe, turbosmart wastegate, 83# injectors and new harness, Aeromotive a-1000 fuel system with external pump, sumped gas tank, RJC megacooler polished front mount intercooler with polished pipes, 4" polished inlet pipe with 9" K&N in the fender, Big Stuff 3 engine management,and much much more that I am forgetting.
The transmission is a Janis built billet 200r-4 with transbrake, deep aluminum pan, pte 3400 single disc,and external cooler with fan and braided lines. The rear end has stock 3.42 gears, Eaton posi, and Moser axles. It also has Baer 12" rear disc brakes with cross drilled rotors. It has the stock front brakes, and vacuum booster. I planned to add a Baer 13" front disc brake kit. The front has been lowered 2" with eibach springs, and the rear has UMI adjustble upper and boxed lower rear control arms. It has hotchkis sway bars.
The interior is mostly stock with Autometer oil pressure and water temperature gauges on the console, boost and knock gauges on the pillar, Chassis pro Race cars chrome moly roll cage, Corbeau front buckets, and new carpet. The headliner is sagging and needs to be replaced. The car has t-tops, power windows and locks, ac, cruise, concert sound, rear defog, etc. The ac and heat works. There is no radio in it currently, but all the speakers and wiring are still there. It has a b&m shifter that is fitted into the stock console. It has a laptop stand to hold the computer for the Big Stuff 3.
The exterior is rust free and pretty straight. I had Maaco do a cheap paint job on it a couple of years ago until I could afford to have it done right. It actually looks pretty good, and getting it painted right has moved way down on the list for me. It currently has a set of 17" American racing torque thrust wheels on it, but are the wrong backspacing on the rear and have some skinny tires on the rear. They were supposed to be a temporary set until I could afford the Simmons wheels I really wanted. I also have a set of ROH wheels for the rear with some drag radials that go with the car.
All in all, the car is a project that is about 80% complete. It starts up and runs and drives down the road reasonably well. Currently is has a pump gas and street timing program loaded and makes about 500hp on 15psi. The car was built with 9 second power in mind, but the ability to drive to the track and never get outrun from a stoplight. This car has serious potential, and big money has been spent on parts. What it needs is a motivated new owner that will spend some time tuning and finishing the project. I am asking $15,000 obo, or would consider interesting trades for something, no more projects please.

Attachments

• 2010-01-28 15.47.51.jpg
    2010-01-28 15.47.51.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 2010-01-28 15.48.33.jpg
    2010-01-28 15.48.33.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,559
  • 2010-01-28 15.48.53.jpg
    2010-01-28 15.48.53.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,561
good deal... I know you were having some issuse with the car about a year ago did you get any of that resolved? what in your oppinion is the 20% left for completion?

The car is running pretty good now. My primary issue with it is that I have no idea how to tune the car using the Big Stuff 3. It is way over my head and I don't want to change anything in it and tear up the engine I spent so much money on. I wish that I had left the car alone. I miss having a bolt on only car that I can tune myself. To complete the project that I had in mind for the car, it needs the Baer front disc brake kit, a set of wheels, tuning, and paint. Again, the car looks decent the way it is, but I wanted it perfect. If I can get anywhere close to the asking price, I'll throw in a new in the box Turbosmart e boost in car electronic boost controller, a new in the box Aeromotive billet fuel pump controller, a new set of tubular upper control arms, the factory engine internals (crank, rods, pistons,) and all the stock parts that I can find that I took off the car. Not to mention free delivery within 1000 miles or so.

that is a common scenario that i think many will, and have, gotten frustrated with... "THE OVER BUILD"... I bet i wouldn't be the first person to tell you to hold onto it. your so close, and you have a wealth of knowledge right here on this forum, and numerous people more than willing to share it with you...
but I am in for more pics...

Pm'd

wow, that is a great deal for someone...i'm building a serious engine now and i can APPRECIATE that price my man. I wish you would keep it and just let someone else tune it! Best of luck, dam fair price too.

Thanks for all the comments. Like I said, this car used to be my pride and joy. I loved the looks and the thumbs up. I loved when I would take it to the dragstrip and everybody would come running to the fence when they heard it spool up for a burnout. I loved pulling up to a stoplight and knowing that there was almost no chance of getting beat to the next light. Spare time for me is a precious commodity, and I no longer have time for this car. I have a 4 year old daughter that I don't get to spend enough time with after working 70+hours per week, a pilots license that rarely gets exercised, and 18 acres of grass that constantly needs to be cut. This car will make somebody a hell of a ride, and is being offered for pennies on the dollar. Thanks everybody for all the support.

A couple more pics I had on my phone:

Attachments

• 2010-01-28 15.49.14.jpg
    2010-01-28 15.49.14.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 2010-01-28 15.48.12.jpg
    2010-01-28 15.48.12.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,108
I have seen this car up close at Chassis Pro, its really nice and the engine is amazing! Would like to have it myself, like some others I have no money. Just a 275 drag radial mustang that eats money. Great car and good luck sir.

Right there with ya "spahky", The WH1 has to go to a new home as well....

All pms replied to. I'll get some more pics hopefully in the next day or so. Car doesn't get driven in the rain, so I have to wait for a good weather day.

No Worries with SeeYaBye

I bought a car from Sharif over a year ago and he was great to deal with. He was very straight forward and honest and drove the car from North Carolina to Indiana for free. He was available for questions after and is a really nice guy. Whoever buys from Sharif should know they are dealing with a very straight-forward and honest seller.

Sharif, the Turbo Limited is doing great and now sporting all new weather seals and an entirely new interior including a new Limited upholstery kit from gbodyparts.com

Cheers, Joe

Car is gone.:( She is in her new home in Kansas City, MO. Congrats and good luck to the new owner! Thanks to everybody for all the compliments and support. Great to hear that the Limited is doing well, Joe! You know, I still have people call me and stop by asking about your car. I thought about you yesterday as I was coming through Indiana on the way to Kansas City. I am a little tired now after driving 2400 miles in 2 days.